Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson has expressed his delight at the way in which Nani has settled into his life at Old Trafford.

The 20-year-old arrived in Manchester as a hot prospect, not expected to play a major role in the season.

However to date the Portuguese winger has played in 11 of United’s opening 13 fixtures this season

“There's tremendous potential in the boy,” Ferguson told the club’s official website. “We’re really quite bullish about him.”

It was initially anticipated that Nani would be used in order to give veteran Ryan Giggs a rest, however the youngster is staking a claim for a first team place.

“Our long-term view was that he'd come in for Giggs now and again," continued Ferguson. "But he's played quite a few times already and what we've seen so far are things that you only pick up after the player joins. He’s quicker than I thought – very, very quick, in fact. He’s also a marvelous crosser of the ball.

"He’ll settle in more as he learns the language. He's keen, and he’s doing all right with his English. There’s great potential there, and he’s only 20, so he's only going to get better."

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've been happy with Nani's contribution so far. He has been occasionally poor but you have to expect inconsistency with young players. There's undoubtably a lot of potential there.

I have to agree with Fergie about his crossing too - one of Ronaldo's problems when he first came to the club was his final delivery but Nani regularly whips great balls into the box. Some of his corners have caused opposition defences all sorts of trouble.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
reddwarf said:
I've been happy with Nani's contribution so far. He has been occasionally poor but you have to expect inconsistency with young players. There's undoubtably a lot of potential there.

I have to agree with Fergie about his crossing too - one of Ronaldo's problems when he first came to the club was his final delivery but Nani regularly whips great balls into the box. Some of his corners have caused opposition defences all sorts of trouble.
agreed

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Agreed with everyone! Nani is awesome, really good corners, sorry giggsy nani to take the corners from now on :)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
chiboygeorge said:
I must say nani settled in quick
I wouldn't. He's doing ok, but if he's already settled in then I think he's over-rated.

He's doing good with all things considered, but still a way to go :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
PrinceZane said:
I wouldn't. He's doing ok, but if he's already settled in then I think he's over-rated.

He's doing good with all things considered, but still a way to go :)
well said zane, i like your moves

1 - 12 of 12 Posts