Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ferguson: Man Utd have proved themselves against top four
tribalfooball.com - April 15, 2008

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says they've proved to be the Premiership's outstanding team this season.

The current champions have taken 13 points from a possible 15 in their matches against fellow contenders Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Second-placed Blues have managed just five from 15, the Gunners six from 18 and Rafa Benitez's men only four from 18.

Fergie said: "I said results between the top four would be the key this season and that's been proved right.

"Thank goodness we've performed well and got results against our main rivals, because we've dropped points elsewhere.

"The Premier League has become much tougher in recent seasons. For example, we lost six points to Manchester City this season, which is something we didn't expect.

"We also lost at West Ham and Bolton, but the key is keeping those setbacks to a minimum.

"We've managed to do that and if we can win our next two games, then we'll be champions."

And that's why we're gonna be champions cos we've only once and won three against the fellow top-four teams so far, and with Chelsea left at stamford bridge, I feel it'll be another draw but hoping for a win of course.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its a shame. We were so close to claiming maximum points against them so far.
Now we just gotta end Chelsea's record at home and ensure Avram grant loses his job, although he doesn't need our help for that,.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we haveproved ourselves against the bigger teams...and that is why we are here...they did well against the smaller teams..and we did better against the bigger teams......just wish we would play better against the smaller teasm :(

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes i agree fanatstic this year.
Next year the only place i expect to drop points is Stamford the rest ... EASY EASY EASY :D!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
We have performed brilliantly against the other teams in the big 4 this season. 9 points out of 9 at home, an easy 6 points from Liverpool :D and unbeaten away from home...so far.

If we keep that record up at Stamford Bridge then the title is in the bag. :cool:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Facts and statistics don't always tell the full story but in this case, I think they do.

This season (so far):

v Arsenal
Won 2
Drawn 1
Lost 0
Scored: 8
Conceeded 3

v Liverpool
Won 2
Drawn 0
Lost 0
Scored 4
Conceeded 0

v Chelsea
Won 1
Drawn 0
Lost 0
Scored 2
Conceeded 0

In recent seasons we have proved ourself against the other top sides in the League, and picked up some vital points. Liverpool now havn't beaten us in the league since 2004, and Arsenal have only beaten us twice in the last six seasons in the league. We finally seem to be getting the upper hand on Chelsea now as well after not losing to them since they wrapped up the league in 2006.

The nack of not losing these big games is something that could be vital in weeks to come when playing Chelsea. If United can avoid defeat at Stamford Bridge, then more than likely they will deservingly pick up the Premiership crown.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jd_united said:
In recent seasons we have proved ourself against the other top sides in the League, and picked up some vital points. Liverpool now havn't beaten us in the league since 2004, and Arsenal have only beaten us twice in the last six seasons in the league. We finally seem to be getting the upper hand on Chelsea now as well after not losing to them since they wrapped up the league in 2006.

The nack of not losing these big games is something that could be vital in weeks to come when playing Chelsea. If United can avoid defeat at Stamford Bridge, then more than likely they will deservingly pick up the Premiership crown.
Liverpool haven't even scored against us since that match where we lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup, where Smith broke his leg. That just shows the gap :D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
eoininho said:
Thats Why We're Champions Thats Why We're Champion..............
thats a chelsea song , i personally never join in when its sung

i think luck plays a massive part in these fixtures , and we have had our fair share especially at anfield .
At home its different we have beaten most of them easily

1 - 18 of 18 Posts