Manchester United Talk banner

Next United Manager - Who Would You Pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1338 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its fair to say Sir Alex only has a few years left in him, so who do we think would be the best person to take over when he retires?

My personal choice would be Roy Keane. I think he will be an absolutely great manager and is made for United. He understands how to play good football and would accept nothing short of absolute perfection. He would bring success, good passing football; and would not be afraid to spend big to bring the worlds best to Old Trafford.

Any thoughts? Any other options that you think would be right to manage us?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I see what you mean about Roy Keane, he is United through and through. However, whether or not he has the reputation to bring the best players to the club is another thing. He has been a great manager for Sunderland, but we're yet to see how he responds when people don't perform to his expectations. If it's anything like when he was captain for us, he may not be such a good choice, as while the fiery mentality can work as a captain, it may be too harsh when manager.

I think Carlos Queiroz is the man for the job. He has a massive say in the current Manchester United team and Fergie will have taught him well. He has had experience managing Real Madrid and Benfica have attempted to lure him back to Portugal. He certainly has credentials, and if he's the man to keep bringing talent such as Anderson, Nani and Ronaldo to Old Trafford, then he's the man I want in charge.

Also, lately Ronaldo has stated that he'll leave when Fergie does, but if Queiroz is his replacement, Ronaldo may still stay at Manchester United.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
i think queiroz has to be the next in line. people underestimate what he has done for us.
anderson, nani, ronaldo all look up to carlos as a father figure. i don't think he will stay as assistant manager if he isn't the next boss.

plus, as a club we pride ourselves as being loyal, well he has done a good job for us.

he already knows the team inside out and they know him, we should should atleast give him a chance.

edit: i basically repeated what devilzz91 said but that was because we posted at the same time roughly.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that he's had a great influence for us, but I just think what he's good at is being an assistant. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe he would make a good manager for us.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Devilzz91 said:
I see what you mean about Roy Keane, he is United through and through. However, whether or not he has the reputation to bring the best players to the club is another thing. He has been a great manager for Sunderland, but we're yet to see how he responds when people don't perform to his expectations. If it's anything like when he was captain for us, he may not be such a good choice, as while the fiery mentality can work as a captain, it may be too harsh when manager.

I think Carlos Queiroz is the man for the job. He has a massive say in the current Manchester United team and Fergie will have taught him well. He has had experience managing Real Madrid and Benfica have attempted to lure him back to Portugal. He certainly has credentials, and if he's the man to keep bringing talent such as Anderson, Nani and Ronaldo to Old Trafford, then he's the man I want in charge.

Also, lately Ronaldo has stated that he'll leave when Fergie does, but if Queiroz is his replacement, Ronaldo may still stay at Manchester United.

Couldn't agree more. Post of the day!

·
Banned
503 Posts
It's a possiblity that roy keane could come to O.T one day but not so soon if fergie retires, My guess is that carlos queiroz would take the reigns with mark hughes(current blackburn rovers coach) as his no.2

·
Registered
566 Posts
i dont think keane is suitable with his previous criticism on the players. if he manages united, im afraid a war is gonna break out soon.

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I find that Carlos Q will be next the next man to take charge, how long has he been here 2-3 years? he must of learnt alot from fergie in that time and must of learnt alot about man utd as a club so.....i think its the best option....Fergie keeps saying he is setting up the club for the future, so he wouldnt have carlos in there if he wasnt to be envolved when fergie leaves :)

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Carlos is more than capable, but perhaps we need some who is tough as nails like Sir Alex is. He doesn't take crap off anyone, and he controls everything that goes on at OT. Look at all the other clubs this season, so much back-room drama which has de-stablised them too some degree...we don't have any of that because of Sir Alex.

Keane, Hughes, Bruce could be good succesors, but Keano is still only into his 2nd year....gotta give him more time.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
carlos wouldnt stay and be assistant manager, he's got ambition and if he doesnt get the managers job he'll be off i can assure you of that, i want keane that would be a dream, but theres laurent blanc whos a great young manager what about michael laudrup, even though i'd like a british or former great as the next manager i think them 2 would be excellent :)

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
This is my view.....

Carlos will take over as manager for a season.

Either Mark Hughes or Roy Keane will then come in......

I'm hoping Sparky or Keano join up with United again, its destiny! ;)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
There are lots of good options out there. Quieroz for the stability.....
Hughes, Bruce or Keane-all former players well capable of filling Fergie's boots.
If we were to go foreign then look no futher than Guus Hiddink-top quality....
or even another fiery Scot in the shape of David Moyes or even the man
motivator Martin O' Neill.....

I hope Fergie sticks around for many more years but if one of the names I mentioned
above took over I'd be relatively pleased.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
How about Christian Gross?

He was very underrated and misunderstood at Tottenham and I think he could bring glory to Man Utd.

offt.... hahahaha I'm just kidding.

I trust the board will do the right thing and as SAF has said himself, he trust Carlos Queiroz and with all the Portuguese-speakers at the club, he might be a very good choice.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I think the next best manager for the job would be Capello, i know he is england manager but i reckon fergy will go in three years time, and Capello will have won the worl cup for england.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think it's a dead cert that Queiroz will take over, he has offers from various clubs while Fergie's number two, and apart from the stint at Real Madrid, he has turned down all other offers, does he know something we don't? :D

1 - 20 of 1338 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.