Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United check out Rangers starlet

Manchester United have been running the rule over Scottish giants Rangers' promising youngster John Fleck, according to a report in British tabloid The Sun.

17-year-old Fleck, who is the nephew of former Rangers, Norwich and Chelsea forward Robert, is a tricky midfielder and has drawn comparisons with Wayne Rooney due to both his ability and physical appearance.

Despite his young age, he has already made a handful of appearances for Rangers including an appearance in the 2008 Scottish Cup Final. He drew particular applause for his performance against Aberdeen last Saturday and has featured in all of the Gers' last four fixtures.

Reports suggest that Alex Ferguson sent his brother, Martin, to watch the youngster play 70 minutes of that Aberdeen fixture last weekend.

However, Manchester United may have a fight on their hand to land Fleck, as Chelsea are also thought to be interested in the teenager's services.

Ricky Brooks, Goal.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZx-vBDkvQ

·
Registered
616 Posts
i'm sure if it came to it Fergie would get the nod over chelski on this one,being a former Rangers player and still
has strong connections at Ibrox. :D

·
Registered
9,457 Posts

The Sun claims that Sir Alex Ferguson sent his brother Martin to have a look at 17-year-old John Fleck.

The Rangers attacker has been described by some in Scotland as the “Scottish Wayne Rooney.â€

Fleck, who stands 6.0ft tall, is a player of massive promise despite his tender years with his direct running & powerful style.

His extreme confidence has earmarked the forward as one of the most promising talents to emerge in Scotland for quite some time.

Rangers assistant coach Ally McCoist had this to say: “In terms of John's footballing ability, I don't think I've come across anyone as advanced mentally at his age. In that respect, you don't have too many worries about him.

But there are a million other things that could affect him and it's our job to protect him off the park as it is when he is training and playing… Flecky has put one foot on the first rung of a massive ladder.

He's got absolutely miles to go but there's no reason why he shouldn't go on to have a fabulous career.â€

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
anyone that is robustly built and isnt the most attractive is the new wayne rooney. take a look doubt its anything special tho. his first goal in that video was good strength and pace but the defending is shocking

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
whats so bad about this player?

if hes talented id be more than happy to have a young british player at united fair play people have there view cuase of the club hes at right???

at the end of the day no matter what club hes from if we get him ill support him and hope he comes good

·
Registered
31 Posts
He has had about 3games in the first team for rangers, only getting a game cause they are so bad.
If Man Utd want a young player from scotland, they are best to look at clubs like Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc where they have great youth set up's...the club with the best youth policy in scotland is Hibs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
whats so bad about this player?

if hes talented id be more than happy to have a young british player at united fair play people have there view cuase of the club hes at right???

at the end of the day no matter what club hes from if we get him ill support him and hope he comes good

Well said totally agree

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The chances are we are scouting him, we're Manchester United we scout endless players, that's how we find little gems (hopefully) like Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic.

Doesn't mean that we're definitely going to signing him or that the Sun is lying.

I've not really seen this lad play I have to admit, but if he really does have talent then why not give him a shot

·
Registered
100 Posts
Richie said:
The chances are we are scouting him, we're Manchester United we scout endless players, that's how we find little gems (hopefully) like Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic.

Doesn't mean that we're definitely going to signing him or that the Sun is lying.

I've not really seen this lad play I have to admit, but if he really does have talent then why not give him a shot

Right. MU already has a lot of talent young players, e.g. Manucho. He is powerful and skillful striker, but MU has loaned him to Hull City indeed.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't know too much about this player so let's hope that if we get him, he is really good.

These reports always flow in as we do a lot of scouting so let's see if there is anything truly happening. If he has talent and if he truly is the next Wayne Rooney we'll have two Rooneys in one team:D. Now that will be great, won't it?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I had him at Football Manager. Very Promisin lad in the game. IN reality i didn't see him play so...we'll see if Fergie sais he's good than we should ay a little attention to this guy. Might come somthing good from him.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Man_Utd_Hibees said:
He has had about 3games in the first team for rangers, only getting a game cause they are so bad.
If Man Utd want a young player from scotland, they are best to look at clubs like Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc where they have great youth set up's...the club with the best youth policy in scotland is Hibs.
you sure you arent being a wee bit bias with the bolded statement? as for fleck I have never really seen him, and I do remember he was linked with us when he was about fifteen, so If he hasnt really played for rangers I doubt he has properly developed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts