Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ding Ding!!

Sir Alex Ferguson has questioned why Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez found it necessary to talk about the Scot ahead of Chelsea's 3-1 Champions League win.

The two men have been verbally sparring since January when Benitez spoke out about Ferguson's treatment of referees.

And Benitez reignited the war of words on Tuesday when he claimed Ferguson was running scared of Liverpool.

Ferguson said: "The interesting thing is Rafa's got a European tie coming up and he's is talking about me."

The United manager was speaking on Friday, ahead of the Premier League leaders' visit to Sunderland.

"That's fantastic. I didn't know I was that important," added Ferguson.

Asked another question about Benitez, Ferguson smiled and said simply: "I have no further comment to make."

Ferguson, whose side lead Liverpool by a point with a game in hand, insisted there was nothing wrong in managers talking about rival clubs.

"If you ask me a question about other teams, I give you an opinion," he said.

"Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger was talking about Manchester United a couple of weeks ago.

"He was asked a question and I had to dampen down what he said - that United were the new untouchables - because I knew all the dangers of it.

"But it was a fair answer at the time, given the way people looked at our club a few weeks ago."

And Ferguson suggested that Chelsea's Champions League midweek victory would have given Guus Hiddink's side a real boost.

"Chelsea will be very buoyed up now. That is what happens when you get a really important result. And that was a good performance."

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | M | Man Utd | Ferguson stokes up Benitez rift

More mind games is it?
Who shall come out on top? :D

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
He's such a wind up merchant, he's a genious! He waited until after their game to react. He waited until the result was out, so now he can make it seem as if Liverpool lost because Benitez went mouthing off. He's a genious. If nothing else it will instill a tiny little element of doubt into some of the Liverpool players.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
fergie is a real mind games champions. he realy got the perfect answers as roxii said before me. The difference between Fergie and Rafa is that the Man Utd manager is almost every time right. As for the spanish waiter...well u know.

Z

·
0 Posts
He's such a wind up merchant, he's a genious! He waited until after their game to react. He waited until the result was out, so now he can make it seem as if Liverpool lost because Benitez went mouthing off. He's a genious. If nothing else it will instill a tiny little element of doubt into some of the Liverpool players.
The thing is though it's probably true, every time Rafa mouths off to the press Liverpool have a bad result. If he focused on his team instead of commenting on other managers he'd probably be in a much better position in the league.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I saw the press conference on MUTV. Fergie's smile after saying 'no comment' was so obviously an actual answer lol.

Is there anway I can see that again over the internet?

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The thing is though it's probably true, every time Rafa mouths off to the press Liverpool have a bad result. If he focused on his team instead of commenting on other managers he'd probably be in a much better position in the league.
I agree completely. Fergie knows this too and he will be exploiting this on occasion for the rest of the season to gain an advantage where he can. Did you read the Sam Allerdice has come out and said before the Liverpool Blackburn game this weekend that Benitez should stop moaning and whinging about Ferguson! All works in our favour!

Z

·
0 Posts
I agree completely. Fergie knows this too and he will be exploiting this on occasion for the rest of the season to gain an advantage where he can. Did you read the Sam Allerdice has come out and said before the Liverpool Blackburn game this weekend that Benitez should stop moaning and whinging about Ferguson! All works in our favour!
Yeah I read it this afternoon and it's so true. He does it about once a month, he's like a woman on a a period :p

But like you say it all works in our favour so I'm not complaining at all.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Yeah I read it this afternoon and it's so true. He does it about once a month, he's like a woman on a a period :p

I'm hoping that before their match, Benitez will respond to Allardyce by defending his criticism of Sir Alex, and basically have another little rant.

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm hoping that before their match, Benitez will respond to Allardyce by defending his criticism of Sir Alex, and basically have another little rant.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they drop points against Blackburn. Their home record isn't brilliant anyway.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts

A woman on a period is not half as moody and bad as Rafa is throughout the whole year, mmkay? :mad:

·
Registered
773 Posts
With just 2 day off after they play against chelsea they will face Blackburn which is 2 games in 4 days...I believe Blackburn could grab a point here, plus gerrard is a major doubt for this clash...No gerrard, no chance...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts