Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long do you think Fergie's successor will stay?

Will it be a good 5+ years or will we take the "Chelsea
route" or, worse, the "Real Madrid route"? I am really
undecided and, naturally, it all depends on the manager
and the supporters.

I think that we will need an experienced manager
rather than a young manager, being Ferguson's
heir couldn't be easy and we know what happens
when young managers get boots too big for their
feet (Hughes, Ince, Keane).

I think the only solace in the fact that Fergie is leaving
is that, from what I understand, he will be very much
in charge of finding his successor.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
I hope we get a successor who allows the players to play like Sir Alex does. I know Mourinho would be a great manager but his style of play just isn't United. We are known for winning through attractive, attacking means. My choice would be MON but he does lack the experience at the very top level.

·
Registered
605 Posts
i hope we give him time because Sir alex was once on the verge of being sacked!

and we all know what he has done now

so i really hope we give the new manager some time

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I seriously dont think it depends on the fans or the supporters. Its a known fact that fans are fickle and i dont believe fans aside from calling for the manager head, can do much to the dismissal of the manager. They are the minority me think. For me it all depends on the Glazers. They hold the bigger answer to the question. The thing is, even untill now, we have not yet see their true colours. In Sir Alex, we have everything every owner would love to have, results, entertaining football, trophies, great prospect, everything is sooo inplace that there is nothing much for them to worry about and nothing much for them to interfere. Also Sir Alex status and record itself deserved respect and shouldnt be questioned. Cant say the same about the his successor thou. First and foremost, i hope the Glazers continue not to get involve with whats happening on the pitch. This is the main important thing of all,we all know too much interference from the owners might be a barrier to the freedom of managing for the manager and i hope they understand how important it is to give the new manager time and some space to built the team as well as to get to know the team which many other club failed to do. On the other hand, i also think it depends on how huge our debt is and whether instant glory is needed to help pay them off, if yes, than im sorry for whoever the next manager is.

·
I'm so gorgeous they want to arrest me
8,772 Posts
I hope the Glazers don't turn into massive twats and sack someone the second they lose a match. I have a feeling we will go down that route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.