Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fernando Torres: Barcelona & Liverpool Will Steal Manchester United?s Titles - Goal.com

Liverpool's silky striker Fernando Torres is convinced that, despite three of the final four in the Champions League representing the Premier League, the outright winner of the competition will be Barcelona.

Sir Alex Ferguson's men have already been eliminated from the FA Cup as they failed to overcome Everton and Torres has opined that, as well as faltering in Europe, Liverpool will usurp United to claim the domestic crown.

This would leaving their north west rivals with just the League Cup and the FIFA World Club Cup after a season in which there was escalating talk of a historic and unprecedented quintuple.

Torres told the press, "Barcelona are clearly the best side in Europe. United's squad of players is very impressive. You barely notice when they have players out.

"They have footballers like [Carlos] Tevez, [Dimitar] Berbatov or [Ryan] Giggs on the bench, but even so, I think that Barcelona would get the better of them,” he said. “Manchester United suffer an awful lot if they don't control possession.

"Barcelona have much more quality about them and no doubt if the two were to meet, Barca would have the lion's share of possession, and that would hurt United."

Following his transfer from Atletico Madrid, Torres has proved an instant hit in the Premier League, finding the net on 47 occasions in just 79 games. He is keen on helping the Merseysiders claim their first Premier League title.

"United are the champions and that carries the favourites tag, but I'd rather not be favourites. Being favourites doesn't make you champions, it just gives you extra pressure.

"If we keep playing as well as we have been doing in this second half of the season then we have more chance of winning the league than anyone else.

"But let United carry the favourites burden - let them have the pressure."

Alan Dawson, Goal.com

The MAnagers shut up and the players are going to keep stirring the shit.
What a ****. I hope Arsenal get a result tonight and do us a favour shutting these clowns up:fyou:

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Altogether now.........

'Walk offff, walllkkk offfff, with your head in your hands, cos you'll nevvvver win the league, you'll neeeevvvvvveeeerrrrr wiiinnn the league againnnn'

An one of those rare occasions where I say 'come on arsenal'

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Altogether now.........

'Walk offff, walllkkk offfff, with your head in your hands, cos you'll nevvvver win the league, you'll neeeevvvvvveeeerrrrr wiiinnn the league againnnn'

An one of those rare occasions where I say 'come on arsenal'
1) They have won the league.
2) They may still do this season.

·
Bra-burning feminist
3,918 Posts
At this stage of the season, a team that's top of the league and with a game in hand are the favourites to win it. We're used to dealing with the pressure of being favourites - we usually ARE the favourites and we still usually go on to win the league.

We have plenty of supposedly 'winnable' ties left and games at home - I think we're in a fantastic position even though there's plenty of work to be done.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
1. I know that, duh.
2. Did you not see the 'again' at the end.
C. Don't be so frickin pessamistic. It's ours
No it isn't ours. It won't be ours until it's mathmatically impossible for Liverpool or Chelsea (or any other club) to catch us.

Look at our run-in. Only a couple game there I say we should win that and be confident. Compare it to the scousers.

Pompey (H)
Spurs (H)
Boro (A)
City (H)
Wigan (A)
Arsenal (H)
Hull (A)

Pompey and Wigan I reckon we should win, not being big headed but we should. Spurs, City, Arsenal at home, Boro away is never a fixture I look forward to, and with Hull could have their life on the line when they face us so you never know.

Liverpool's:

Arsenal (H)
Hull (A)
Newcastle (H)
West Ham (A)
West Brom (A)
Spurs (H)

They should beat Hull, Newcastle, West Brom quite easily. West Ham will bend over backwards for them, last day I doubt Spurs will be bothered.

I know which run-in I'd prefer.

"LEague is ours" Don't be such a ****.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
We've a tough run-in, but so have Liverpool..!
Every game from now on is going to be so important, but we are in the driving seat at the moment..
We're top with a game in hand, that's a brillant position to be in.. It's our title to lose in a way..
I just can't imagine come the end of May that it's not United lifting the PL Title..!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well in all honestly I would normally expect us to win all the home games with the exception of arseal, but the way we are playing at the moment I wouldn't bet on it, but I do still expect us to win the league but there is an element of doubt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
to be fair though i couldnt see utd not reachin the fa cup final an look wat happened.

chelsea are the dark horses again look at the result at anfield in the champions league an they beat arsenal at wembley on sat too

we have a strong squad tho an i think we should do it with the equivelant of a 4 point gap from us an the dirty scousers :first:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
I'm not saying we aren't favourites, and I'm 100% confident that we will secure our 18th league title. However, to say it's ours already is quite ignorant.

Was just getting on the train at Hednesford for FC on the the day of the Fulham game, and I asked some bloke what the United score was. This bloke (top lad) was convinced we're throwing away the league. I found it hard to disagree with him at the time.

Long way to go yet.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I'm not saying we aren't favourites, and I'm 100% confident that we will secure our 18th league title. However, to say it's ours already is quite ignorant.

Was just getting on the train at Hednesford for FC on the the day of the Fulham game, and I asked some bloke what the United score was. This bloke (top lad) was convinced we're throwing away the league. I found it hard to disagree with him at the time.

Long way to go yet.
agreed, this is no time for arrogance. i cant see liverpool dropping any points. they have no CL games to play and can field their strongest team week in week out. this will go to the wire

·
25,242 Posts
Believe

It's not arrogance, it's confidence. It's ours if we play well enough, the only way any other team can win is if we screw up, and before you point out the bleeding obvious again!!!!! Get behind your team and start to show some belief. My attack is aimed not just at one person here, it's at all the non-believers, the ones slagging the players, the ones moaning their arses off about results not going our way in EVERY single game. We can't win everything, all the time, but we will NOT lose the league this year, I'll put money on it (actually I have money on it!!) Stop whining and be positive!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
If we win all of our remaing games until the Arsenal game in the league then i believe the title will be won going into the arsenal game.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Believe

It's not arrogance, it's confidence. It's ours if we play well enough, the only way any other team can win is if we screw up, and before you point out the bleeding obvious again!!!!! Get behind your team and start to show some belief. My attack is aimed not just at one person here, it's at all the non-believers, the ones slagging the players, the ones moaning their arses off about results not going our way in EVERY single game. We can't win everything, all the time, but we will NOT lose the league this year, I'll put money on it (actually I have money on it!!) Stop whining and be positive!!!!!

The forums are the place to be more critical and to take off the red-tinted specs, as none of the players nor staff come on here and we can have a more knowledgable discussion. In the ground, is when they can do no wrong.

We're not whining, all I commented on was your (?) comment on the league is ours, which it isn't yet.

·
25,242 Posts
The forums are the place to be more critical and to take off the red-tinted specs, as none of the players nor staff come on here and we can have a more knowledgable discussion. In the ground, is when they can do no wrong.

We're not whining, all I commented on was your (?) comment on the league is ours, which it isn't yet.
I'm not taking off my Red-tinted spectacles for anyone :mf_tongue:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts

Long way to go yet.
Do you go to FC games when United are playing?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
after the arsenal liverpool result (4-4), i believe we have our destiny in our hands totally now. even a slip up against arsenal would not deter us from our title if we win the rest of the matches.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts