Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually my first post on here so I thought I would start a thread while I am at it!

actually part of the reason i bring this up is because I have 4 tickets to the final that I would like to pass on some of you that are willing to fly out here.

S

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Man Utd In Japan

HI there!

Yes I was hoping to get over to Japan to see United and saw your post on the site! I have still to book my flights as yet but would love to take the tickets of your hands! Not sure sure how or when but I am sure we can arrange something! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
wimmo said:
Anybody going?

This is actually my first post on here so I thought I would start a thread while I am at it!

So, is anybody looking to go to Japan for this tournament?
I think United only have to worry about beating LDU Quito and they will pretty much have the trophy in the bag:D

Well, I am going to the semi-final and final to see both games that United are playing in because its the only chance I can get to see them as I live in Yokohama, Japan.

actually part of the reason i bring this up is because I have 4 tickets to the final that I would like to pass on some of you that are willing to fly out here. The final WILL host United (of course) so it wont be a wasted journey!!

I havent put these tickets up on ebay yet but will if I cant get rid of them soon.

look forward to hearing who wants them...
Hi There!

I am looking to go to Japan for this tournament to watch Man Utd!

I would love to take you up on your offer for tickets to the final if they have not already gone! Not sure how I can get them as yet but I am sure we can arrange something?

look forward to hearing from you!

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
3 things

1) This tournament is ridiculous
2)We shouldnt waste our time
3)Can you guess im not a fan of this ****

Why the doodoo, do we feel the need to go halfway round the world in mid season to play some competition we wont win becuase of the jetlag/injuries/low confidence or whatever dribble United come out with as an excuse.Stuff like this should be played Pre/Post season ,not in the middle.Whoopdi doo we get ANOTHER game in hand,which realisticly means we will fall further behind chelski and dippers quicker than normal.I dont see how we can pull out of the FA CUP!?!?! and not pull out of this one.....Sort it out someone,im cross :(

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
We're not pulling out of the FA Cup this season.

The FA made United pull out of the FA Cup in 2000, so we could go abroad and boost the English game to appeal for the FA's world cup bid.
This has obviously been kept underwraps, but United get grief from ABU's for it, when we pratically had no choice.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Stephen said:
We're not pulling out of the FA Cup this season.

The FA made United pull out of the FA Cup in 2000, so we could go abroad and boost the English game to appeal for the FA's world cup bid.
This has obviously been kept underwraps, but United get grief from ABU's for it, when we pratically had no choice.
Yeh mate,i was reffering to the time we buggered off as you stated in 2000,just seemed strange why the FA would make the HOLDERS of it step down from competition,im not arguing the fact,just a thought....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
amuchan said:
wimmo I live in Musashikosugi which is close to Yokohama, did you pay 20,000 yen for those tix?
I know Musashi Kosugi!

nah , my tickets are category 3 so they cost me 15,000 each.

you going?

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
stupid competition, even more stupid to play it mid season.

i couldnt a toss whether we win it or not.
i just hope the team comes back injury free.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Club World Cup

I think Fergie should just send the Reserves there, and concentrate on the tasks at hand, i.e. the League and CL.

What say you?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I think there will be quite a lot of United fans who'll agree with you but I'm not one of them. I want United to win trophies and this is a chance to do just that.

It's certainly not worth risking anyone with slight niggles for this tournament but I think, should we reach the final, that we should play a strong team. It also gives players such as Scholes a chance to regain match fitness.

Looking at past tournaments, we may get away with playing a few squad players in the semi-final because it seems that usually only the South American side or the European side are likely to win it.

·
Banned
165 Posts
Well we are the only one in England to have the Club World Cup ex inter continental, right !

Why not get the second with full squad ?

After losing the super cup I believe lifting the Club World Cup will boost everyone moral.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i like this compitition so im up for going for it. but would prefere if he played wayne and tevez up top for the whole comp and played nani and park on the wings resting berba and ronaldo. and mayb play evans and wes for most of it and give vida and rio a bit of a rest with neville on the right to give him some games. would like to see scholes pick up some games in it and rotate carrick and anderson and fletch in the centre for each game. think we can win this comp without berba and ronaldo. keep them fresh for the big games i.e. chelsea in jan. but yeah lets go for it the more titles the better

o and foster in goal for the whole comp would be nice ;)

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I hope the best team possible play. Not that SAF should risk anything but a fit player should be ready to play.
Players prefer to play rather then to rotten at the pracise ground.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
most of us fans would rather not play in this tournament but fifa seems to think its very important , but in utds current position "there seems to be a lack of confidence" this tournament could just be what we need ,if we can come back as champions it will certainly give the players and fans a massive boost to be the first british team to win it.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Wouldn't sending the likes of Ronaldo and Rooney over there get us a bit of cash through merchandise sales etc.? I know Fergie's his own man, but surely the board would influence him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.