Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fifa vice-president Jack Warner said he will battle to stop England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

His decision will be a blow to the Football Association, who were likely to plan a bid on the back of any change to the current selection procedures.

"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that."

Warner, a member of the world football body's executive committee since 1983, added: "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe.

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never had made any impact on world football."
:eek:

How can he say that?! We've won the World Cup, reached the semi-finals and the quarter-finals on numerous occasions!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Jesus the man is defo Anti- English, Cant believe some of the things he said

I think England will be a great place to stage a W.C, It has some of the best stadiums in the world!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Guy's a bit of a dick if ya ask me The fact that Italy, Spain, and France have all held the it since 1982 and England held it in '66 it kinda seems like england should get it because it has been so long since they hosted it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Northern Ireland MUFC said:
Guy's a bit of a dick if ya ask me The fact that Italy, Spain, and France have all held the it since 1982 and England held it in '66 it kinda seems like england should get it because it has been so long since they hosted it.
Totally agree, England does seem the prefect choice, Just aswell it a committee that votes and not this nobhead

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
To make a statement like this man has - it is normal to say why you feel this way is it ?

I think he is a bit crazy or something and for you English people I wouldn't worry about him.

To say nobody in Europe like the English is terrible remark !!!

The English people have been very, very good to me and other people from my family so I feel a bit mad this guy say these things ... :mad: :mad:

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Well this thing will go to a committee to make the decision and he will be one of them - but if there are maybe 10 people to vote then he will be out numbered......so I think England can host the world cup

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brian Barwick, the Head of the FA, has expressed his disappointment at Jack Warner's comments...

"On Uefa, we are - alongside Germany - the most well-represented country in football across committees and working groups.

"I think frankly they are personal remarks," he added. "I think Fifa will distance themselves from them very quickly."

I certainly hope so - it was only a week or two ago that Franz Beckenbauer claimed England would be the favourites to host the World Cup.

I'd love the World Cup to be hosted in England during my lifetime. We'd certainly welcome all the countries from around the globe and with the stadiums, infrastructure and top notch football support we have in this country I'm sure we'd make it a tournament to remember - for all the right reasons!

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
reddwarf said:
Brian Barwick, the Head of the FA, has expressed his disappointment at Jack Warner's comments...

"On Uefa, we are - alongside Germany - the most well-represented country in football across committees and working groups.

"I think frankly they are personal remarks," he added. "I think Fifa will distance themselves from them very quickly."

I certainly hope so - it was only a week or two ago that Franz Beckenbauer claimed England would be the favourites to host the World Cup.

I'd love the World Cup to be hosted in England during my lifetime. We'd certainly welcome all the countries from around the globe and with the stadiums, infrastructure and top notch football support we have in this country I'm sure we'd make it a tournament to remember - for all the right reasons!
Yes I agree - and the good fact for England is .... it will give them their best chance ever to win the World Cup - home team always do very well.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts