Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fifa will take no formal action against Real Madrid following Manchester United's recent complaint regarding Cristiano Ronaldo.

United reported Real to Fifa last week due to their unhappiness with the Spanish champions' interest in signing Ronaldo.

Both Real president Ramon Calderon and coach Bernd Schuster have acknowledged their admiration for the Portuguese winger in recent weeks.

In taking the case to Fifa a week ago, United felt they had 'no alternative but to make a formal complaint to the world governing body'.

Calderon claimed United had 'no evidence' of any wrongdoing and Fifa have released a statement after reviewing the complaint.

Reminder

The statement read: "We can confirm that we received last week a formal complaint from Manchester United related to the player Cristiano Ronaldo and the club Real Madrid. From the documentation received, no breach of contract appears to have occurred yet.

"Therefore, in accordance with the applicable practice, no kind of formal procedure has been opened by Fifa regarding this matter.

"The Spanish Football Federation has been informed of the complaint lodged by the English club and been asked to remind its member club Real Madrid about the potential legal consequences of a breach of contract without just cause during the protected period and of a possible inducement to such a breach of contract, as established by the Fifa Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players."

Meanwhile, Real striker Ruud van Nistelrooy believes his former United team-mate is now a 'complete' player.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3699145,00.html

·
Registered
45 Posts
About as much of a surprise as Fergie and Queiroz getting away with their rant after the Portsmouth game. The authorities just bottle it when it comes to dealing with the big clubs. Its not a good idea to upset the teams that have the power when it comes to football.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
FIFA is an idiot.... Real paid them money not to punish them.. they both are DELETED. Real madrid is one of the most DELETED club. Got alot of money, buy all man utd players, and force to sell!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hehe, I think some of you should definitely take the biased goggles off. Man Utd get away with a lot of stuff as well, like my aforementioned example.
Fifa are toothless when it comes to dealing with all of the big clubs.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
abcdef said:
Hehe, I think some of you should definitely take the biased goggles off. Man Utd get away with a lot of stuff as well, like my aforementioned example.
Fifa are toothless when it comes to dealing with all of the big clubs.
That was the FA..not FIFA.

FA could be run better by an army of chimps. FIFA problem is corruption and I can guess there will be more corruption from the Madrid quarter than our United counterparts.

Biased does not mean standing up for your own club rights

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It doesn't surprise me, but honestly I think it's petty. If he's going to go, he's going to go. All they're doing is embarrassing themselves in my opinion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts