Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
What time is this on? I remember when Liverpool played they were early morning around 8 o clock? I hope not otherwise I'll be in school :(

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
What time is this on? I remember when Liverpool played they were early morning around 8 o clock? I hope not otherwise I'll be in school :(

Oooh!

I'm on 4 and a bit weeks holidays...:D:D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
10.30 am it starts according to BBC, couldn't find what channel, I'd presume Sky though.

Lucky you Keano, I still have another week in school :( and I have to do a mock exam the day we play :( lol

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Gamba Osaka (Japan) was pretty good in AFC Champions League. Maybe their home ground could help them. They won today too. Pachuca (MEX) vs LDU Quito (ECU) semifinal. The winner here will theoretically be facing Manchester United in the final, supposing nothing wierd happens and United win their semifinal game.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I thought it was on Setanta, so thanks for clearing things up.

I was looking forward to watching it, but I don't finish school until Friday. :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll just have to watch it/highlights after the game and look forward to the final (presuming we get there).

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
manutd004 said:
I thought it was on Setanta, so thanks for clearing things up.

I was looking forward to watching it, but I don't finish school until Friday. :rolleyes:

Looks like I'll just have to watch it/highlights after the game and look forward to the final (presuming we get there).
We should get to the final there is not a good standard of teams in it.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Do people think beating these teams will make us World Champions or should it be something bit more interesting like a four-team group comprising of the 4 highest ranked teams (no current ranking for world teams).

Would rather see Man United, Barcelona, River Plate and Sao Paolo than the crap we got to face that would not look out of place in a pre-season friendly.

I hope we send out the carling cup/youth team and win or lose, come back with a team of rejuvinated players ready for the battle that lies ahead

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
antdevil78 said:
Do people think beating these teams will make us World Champions or should it be something bit more interesting like a four-team group comprising of the 4 highest ranked teams (no current ranking for world teams).
I think its tough to call it a "Club World Cup" when there isn't even a group stage, I mean since when does a team get a bye into the semis of the world cup?

I'm not saying a full 32 team thing, or even a 16, two groups of 4, with the winner of group A playing the runner-up of group B, and vice-versa would be fine by me.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
antdevil78 said:

Would rather see Man United, Barcelona, River Plate and Sao Paolo than the crap we got to face that would not look out of place in a pre-season friendly.

I hope we send out the carling cup/youth team and win or lose, come back with a team of rejuvinated players ready for the battle that lies ahead
Agree totally with you, but fergie seems pretty set on the title of "best club in the world." let's be honest, european leagues are the best in the world, so winning the champions league is enough for to say we're the best in the world.

Travelling squad:
Goalkeepers: Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster; Defenders: Neville, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, O'Shea, Evans, Rafael; Midfielders: Ronaldo, Anderson, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Nani, Scholes, Fletcher, Gibson; Strikers: Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Welbeck.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts