Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Budimir Vujacic, Manchester United scout for Balkan is working 24 hours a day. Vujacic earned his credits for the transfer of Nemanja Vidic from Spartak, and only month ago we have announced that he is bringing two new Serbs to the Old Trafford, Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic. Only couple of weeks after their signing, Vujacic brought new Serbian kid for the United trial. I am sure that you have watched Sunday game against Chelsea and that you noticed Jose Mourinho in the stands. I am also sure that you have not noticed the kid that was sitting in front of him. That was Filip Djuricic, Serbian U17 playmaker.

Filip was under the spotlight for the first time, 2 years ago, when Serbian press announced that Olympiakos stoled two kids from Red Star Belgrade. Ilija Ivic, former Red Star and Olympiakos star, was at the moment Olympiakos director and as he was more then aware of their qualities, he took Djuricic, his teammate Aleksandar Kovacevic, and their parents to Athens. Red Star decided to sue Greeks, and at the end kids had to return to Belgrade. To make it more weird, even Ilija Ivic in the meantime left Olympiakos and started his role as director in Red Star Belgrade. While Aleksandar Kovacevic decided to continue his career with Red Star, Djuricic decided to leave the club and not to play for them anymore (it looks more like his father decided that, as he was not satisfied with the way club treated his son before). He returned to his hometown club Radnicki Obrenovac (suburban part of Belgrade) and is playing for their youth side, and also is the key player for current Serbian U17 setup.

Couple of weeks ago, we could see his name once again in the press. This time, Dutch press started the rumour that Djuricic is on the verge of signing the deal with Ajax, wellknown for their scouting network and excellent Academy. His manager told that the deal is not done yet, but that they are close to make the deal, while Djuricic also told the Serbian press that he would be more then happy to move to Amsterdam. It looks like Vujacic is trying to steal him in the last moment, as he did with Vidic (who was very close to sign for Fiorentina). Djuricic came to Old Trafford and will have one week trial there, similar one Ljajic had 2 months ago. We would not be surprised to see him signing for United Academy team, and Ferguson will have enough time to see his potential.

Filip Djuricic: A dream come true !

It doesn't often happen that you get the chance to sit at Old Traford stands alongside great Jose Mourinho and watch your favorite players live in action. Especially if you are only 17 years old! That is exactly what happened to young Serb, Filip Djuricic, who spent some time on trial at Manchester United and who was pretty impressed with everything he saw in England.

After the return to Serbia and his Radnicki Obrenovac, young playmaker couldn't hide his impressions:

“ It was a dream come true for me ! I trained twice a day, even played a game against Garry Neville and Anderson. I didn't have any problems playing and I acted as if I were at home in Obrenovac. I accepted the advices Vidic and Tosic gave me encouraging me to relax and I wasn't nervous at all. “

Meeting the world-class football legends at derby game against Chelsea had a special effect on young Serb:
“ Budimir Vujacic told me we would be seated in the section reserved for people like Mourinho, Bobby Charlton, Fabio Capello…some of them even said hi and then talked to Vujacic…â€

Djuricic says he wouldn't mind playing in some other club should the deal with Red Devils hit the rocks:
“ I wouldn't mind plying in Milan or Real, but if all goes well, I will definitely stay with Manchester. I'm thrilled with all the players. Before all of this I didn't think high of Cristiano Ronaldo, but when I met him I realized I was wrong since he is a true example of a professional athlete, same as Wane Rooney. “

After the trial period with English champions, Serbian U17 playmaker has returned to Serbia where he currently plays for Radnicki Obrenovac, but it could easily happen the talented youngster will sign for Red Devils thus becoming the fourth Serbian player at Old Trafford.

from http://www.soccerpie.com

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I don't care where he is from. He can be from any country in the world. The most important thing is whether he posses enough quality to play for United. Although we bought a lot of youngsters this year I think we have room for one more if he is considered to be good by our club

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
martinutd said:
I don't care where he is from. He can be from any country in the world. The most important thing is whether he posses enough quality to play for United. Although we bought a lot of youngsters this year I think we have room for one more if he is considered to be good by our club
I agree, we wouldn't buy him if nobody in the club thought he would be good and besides we are a GLOBAL brand so we can surely have players from around the Globe 4 serbian's isn't really that much.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
martinutd said:

Second that

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
martinutd said:

very true...but I was not focused on where does he comes from.....its not important are we gonna by player from Serbia or Brasil....my point was that he is still unprowen....and totaly unknown player who played in Serbian third division....even I didn't heard about him before yesterday....That's my point;)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
bring more serbians

from all the foreign nationalities serbs and ukrainians are from the nationalities i would welcome with a warm hug at united :D

btw making a serbian base would make sebrian players fit faster as french do in arsenal and as spanish do in liverpool (if anyplayers would fit there :rolleyes:)

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Skele said:
very true...but I was not focused on where does he comes from.....its not important are we gonna by player from Serbia or Brasil....my point was that he is still unprowen....and totaly unknown player who played in Serbian third division....even I didn't heard about him before yesterday....That's my point;)

The second part of my post shows that I get your point ;)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bring more serbians

from all the foreign nationalities serbs and ukrainians are from the nationalities i would welcome with a warm hug at united

btw making a serbian base would make sebrian players fit faster as french do in arsenal and as spanish do in liverpool (if anyplayers would fit there )
LOL..what are our chances that we sign Sheva,some day:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
martinutd said:
Skele said:

The second part of my post shows that I get your point ;)

huh..I would understand you better if you speak on Macedonoan:p

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Skele said:
LOL..what are our chances that we sign Sheva,some day:rolleyes: :D
Zero unless i manage United :eek:

well maybe Artem Milevskiy can join an epl team and proves his quality and then we catch him :p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Too be honest, I have heard for all this Djuricic in MU few months ago, but I didn`t belive in it. I haven`t seen him playing so I don`t know how good is he, but if Ajax wana buy him, i would bought him anyway. You could always sell him.
Did you know that 15-20 years ago Serbs had nickname Europian Brazilians because of our tehnic. But when criminal took our soccer everything was lost. But you will see us in a few years. We will be in top 10 in world.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Skele said:
"Before all of this I didn't think high of Cristiano Ronaldo, but when I met him I realized I was wrong since he is a true example of a professional athlete, same as Wane Rooney.“
I quite like the comment about Ronaldo, kinda sums things up for me about how I feel about him :)

Do we know if we have put an offer on the table at all? Not seen the source website of this article before myself.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
ScottE335 said:
I quite like the comment about Ronaldo, kinda sums things up for me about how I feel about him :)

Do we know if we have put an offer on the table at all? Not seen the source website of this article before myself.
I was talking to guy on youtube about Petrucci and he said that he and Djuricic will be world beaters in the future. I askked him and he said the deal had been finalised and everything.Just like ljajic he will arrive when he gets his first Serbian cap.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Hey skele.

Thanks for the informative read.

I enjoyed that and hope that all the Serbian kids make it big at United.

The Serbs on this site have good words for Ljajic and I think his dribbling and ball control mean that he has a lot of potential.

Have you seen much of Djuricic? How do you rate him?

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
I was talking to guy on youtube about Petrucci and he said that he and Djuricic will be world beaters in the future. I askked him and he said the deal had been finalised and everything.Just like ljajic he will arrive when he gets his first Serbian cap.
I thought we owned hi mand were just loaning him back till the end of the season? doesnt he have a cap?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts