Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson insists the club have made their final offer to Wes Brown over a new contract.

The defender's current deal runs out next summer and come 1 January he is free to speak to other clubs.

Sir Alex would like the 28-year-old to stay at Old Trafford, but admits the decision is now down to Brown himself.

"Nothing has been agreed and that's entirely up to Wes," explained the boss on Friday.

"We've had several meetings with his agent and that is difficult as you can imagine - some agents are difficult [to deal with].

"He's rejected one offer and we feel we've made him a good final offer and it really is up to him now. We won't be going back [with another one].

"It's a possibility [we could lose him] and that would be a disappointment."

Brown signed for the club as a trainee in July 1996 and has made over 270 appearances for the Reds. The centre-back has been a reliable squad member throughout that time and is currently enjoying his most prolonged run in the side, ably filling in for the injured Gary Neville at right-back.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA%2D9A47%2D47BC%2DB069%2D3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=513857

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Tis indeed a disappointment, but if he doesn't want to stay then thats upto him really, but why not, i mean nevilles only got a year or so more, then wes will be our right unless we buy someone or simpson becomes amazing! :( I wonder where he would go next newcastle?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Yeah,Newcastle United will most probably get him in the region of 6 million pounds.
Brown's current contract runs out next summer.

Newcastle (or whoever signs him) will get him for free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brown has been so bad this season!

his Defensive is not so good & not so bad but the attacking part is so so awful, we need some good defender who play's as a right back, Micah Richards is a first class choice but i think it's almost impossible to sign him & everybody know's the reasons .

what about Chimbonda ? or Miguel ? Or Ramos, i prefer Ramos but he is almost like C.Ronaldo for madrid indeed of selling him!

thank's for the thread man :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
UniteD AdoreR said:
Brown has been so bad this season!
Err what games have you been watching this season?:confused: Brown has been solid and very good this season. One of our more consistent players.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Err what games have you been watching this season?:confused: Brown has been solid and very good this season. One of our more consistent players.
Excuse me ?!

Brown was terrible this season, maybe you don't notice that his offensive side is so bad, at some games Ronaldo were not getting the offensive support that he need it, so He were coming back to Defence for recieving the ball!!

also, don't forget that his crosses were bad & his set-pieces are so awful !

you'r talking about solidness, i think that you admired brown at Fulham game for that ball when he " what they call it ? " ( overlaped ) with the opponet's player by that aggressive way! come on man!!

don't you remember Aston villa game, and who let Ashley Young play the " long ball " to Agbonlahor " who scored " ?! , and i truly can't remember now the whole games he played bad because most if it this season was really really pathetic

i'm surprised that you think he Preformed well this season!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Ok thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. Brown makes mistakes like everyone else but his are more obvious because he is a defender. Brown has been solid in the majority of games this season as have all our defenders. Ok Brown isnt as good as Neville at swinging in good crosses but he has deputised very well.
Every player has off days...We dont bang on about Tevez and Rooney missing sitters or Ronaldo having a bad day, or any of the MF making crap passes etc. These things DO happen by the way. Not every player can be perfect every game. I think you should give Wes a break and get behind him. We are lucky to have him.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
UniteD AdoreR said:
Excuse me ?!

Brown was terrible this season, maybe you don't notice that his offensive side is so bad, at some games Ronaldo were not getting the offensive support that he need it, so He were coming back to Defence for recieving the ball!!

also, don't forget that his crosses were bad & his set-pieces are so awful !

you'r talking about solidness, i think that you admired brown at Fulham game for that ball when he " what they call it ? " ( overlaped ) with the opponet's player by that aggressive way! come on man!!

don't you remember Aston villa game, and who let Ashley Young play the " long ball " to Agbonlahor " who scored " ?! , and i truly can't remember now the whole games he played bad because most if it this season was really really pathetic

i'm surprised that you think he Preformed well this season!!
Now that is amusing :rolleyes:

I think Wes has done a brilliant job this season covering for Neville.

have mentioned in a couple of posts how Neville should be made to fight Wes for his place back.

Having defender who is able to act on the wing is a bonus !

Primarily his job is to defend.....

And Wes has been solid this season !

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, Wes Brown performances have been rather rock-solid throughthout this season. When called upon to replace Gary Neville @ the right-back slot,he has perform up to SAF expectations. Yeah,he doesn't swing in pin-point crosses into the six-yard box better than Gazza. But besides that,he has done perfectly alright! A defender's main priority is to tackle & gain ball-possession for his team! And he has been doing that everytime he's called upon. Oh yeah & less u 4gt,he's still our 2nd-choice right back. So there's juz no way u can compare him to Gary Neville! Get a life dude!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jazz16

He was totaly Bad from the begining of the season until now ..

any way, it's you'r opinion and I should respect it ..

take care man :)
bye ..

red_devils4life

He is not a main defender, he is an right back player who should be good at attack & Defence! & especially at a Club like Man United!

can't you just see the lack of attack Effectiveness at the right back ?! Ronaldo and the right wing position maybe block that thing , but it's so clear for who concentrate well at that position .

Our team plays at CL, Brown can't be good enough for this Competition, United style at play is so fast, Brown is the only problem at the current time becuase he is slow & his support to the wing player is so poor!

i think if we played again against Milan Or any big team , they will look at our right back as a priorty to attack in it, as it happen against man city, Aston Villa, Arsenal & you name the rest!

Bye

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lets be honest we know that newcastle pay stupid amounts of money on wages, he knows he isn't going to be first choice.
The lad has been a good servant to the club but if he doesnt want to accept whats on the table for him then thats upto him, its always going to be a gamble with Wes Brown because of his injury record and his dodgy knee he should be happy that we are prepared to offer him anything.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think he's done well this season. His natural position is Centre Back so considering he's playing out of position he's doing great! He'll never be as good as Neville, but then again...not many Right Backs' in the world are better than him. He's a local lad and has always given 100% for us and if he decides to leave us next summer I'd say thankyou and good luck to him. :)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
ahhh just let the lad go...we'll buy better one and we already have o'shea who couldn't do any worse than wes...in fact he could be even better

·
Registered
55 Posts
you need to understand the guy,we all know that he's a good player and he knows he's a good player,all he wants is to play football and when you have a competition like Rio,Vida,Neville and now they are saying Lahm or whoever it is frustrating to wait for someone to get injured so you could get into the team.I think its a good move for him to go to Newcastle were he'll play more often.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Allardyce Eyeing United's Brown?

Wes Brown seems likely to leave Manchester United in the summer, and Newcastle are said to be interested.

Reports in this morning's Daily Telegraph have indicated that Manchester United defender Wes Brown will be targeted by Newcastle in the summer.

The United star, who came through the Old Trafford youth system, has told friends that he would like to move on to pastures new, and has rejected Sir Alex Ferguson's offers of a contract extension.

Brown currently earns around £40,000 a week - considerably less than many of his United team-mates, and is said to be unhappy that United refused to offer him any more despite him now regularly featuring in the starting line-up.

Ferguson's recent enquiries to Bayern Munich regarding the availability of full-back pair Willy Sagnol and Philipp Lahm has also unsettled the defender, who is out of contract at the end of this season.

With Brown accordingly available on a free transfer, Newcastle United manager Sam Allardyce has registered an interest in bringing him to St. James' Park, where he would play a meaningful role in shoring up the Magpies' still vulnerable defence.

And with former United duo Alan Smith and Nicky Butt already on Newcastle's books, Allardyce is convinced that it won't be too much of a challenge to sway Brown.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Rio's done well this season. I would honestly be a bit sad to see him leave. Especially after that stunning game against Pool

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PrinceZane said:
Rio's done well this season. I would honestly be a bit sad to see him leave. Especially after that stunning game against Pool
Leave?:confused: Why would he even want to leave United?! He's playing regular,great football in the Premiership! He still has a goooooood ol' 3-4 years ahead of him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts