Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carew Fined 'Pretty Heavily' After Lapdance Escapade
Aston Villa striker John Carew has been hit with a 'pretty heavy' fine by club manager Martin O'Neill for his decision to visit a lapdancing club within hours of a Uefa Cup tie against Ajax...

Carew was spotted at a lapdancing venue in the early hours of Thursday morning - the same day that Aston Villa had a crucial Uefa Cup encounter against Ajax at Villa Park.

Although Carew was left out of the panel for the match, his decision to visit the club was roundly criticised by all concerned with the Premier League outfit.

Carew made a goalscoring return to the first-team yesterday as Villa trounced Wigan Athletic by four goals to nil, but that has not stopped Martin O'Neill hitting the Norwegian in the pocket for his 'oversight.'

The Aston Villa manager told the BBC: "John was disciplined because he breached the rules.

"John thinks there are mitigating circumstances. I listened and then I made a decision he was wrong.

"It was a large oversight on his part.

"John assures me it won't happen again so I will believe him. It wasn't the brightest thing to do. Most of the players in the dressing room are saying it should be doubled."

Well i do think Carew totally deserve this "Bloody Heavy" fine as being in a strip club before an important match isn't something to forgive and forget about, and who knows he maybe had one or two shots before the game too :rolleyes:

what do you think about this, does Carew deserve it ?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
At least he didn't go to a coffee shop and a brothel! Lol.

Although he wasn't named in the playing squad he was travelling with the club and therefore representing them. If he wants to go to lap-dancing clubs he should do it in his own time.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Erm..... as someone who enjoyed the lapdance clubs of Pittsburgh, PA I fully understand John Carew.

Can you imagine the clubs in Amsterdam? They must be mind-blowing!

Even a two week fine would be worth it. I'm sure others went to, but weren't caught. :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its deserved but i think O'Niell is very harsh when it comes to fines as he have a history fining players and no one can't say that hes obsessed with fines

didn't he fine Barry twice or more last summer ?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
abojodeh said:
didn't he fine Barry twice or more last summer ?
Yeah, but he did want to move to the Scousers so he was lucky to escape electro-shock therapy and just get a fine. :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Its very disrespectful by any player in any club not to prepare to be prepared for the next game.
I hope the Norwegian have the guts to give not his manager but his team mates an apology for his behaviour. If Carew got at least a bit of shame left in his body he would not just pay the fine but top it up as well and give the rest to charity.

After all it was only 45000 pound in fine.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
spellbound said:
Its very disrespectful by any player in any club not to prepare to be prepared for the next game.
I hope the Norwegian have the guts to give not his manager but his team mates an apology for his behaviour. If Carew got at least a bit of shame left in his body he would not just pay the fine but top it up as well and give the rest to charity.

After all it was only 45000 pound in fine
well thats about the annual salary for a normal worker :rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
well thats about the annual salary for a normal worker :rolleyes: :eek:
A footballer in PL are not a normal worker so they earn more then that. Carew wouldnt put on his undies for less then £1M a day. :p

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
spellbound said:
A footballer in PL are not a normal worker so they earn more then that. Carew wouldnt put on his undies for less then £1M a day. :p

i bet his wife is really happy..:(
why do some men do that?...risk soooooooo much,just for a cheap thrill..oh yeah in this case not so cheap.....:eek:
silly boy....:rolleyes:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I hope he tipped well. "I suppose don't do the crime if you can't do the time.", probably applies here.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts