Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got offered a ticket to my first ever UTD game this weekend, i have never been before and to say im excited is a massive understatement, i will be on my own like but i really couldnt care less, the seat is just above the tunnel so i assume its a good view!

but what im really after is advice from guys who have been before, as a complete first timer i dont know what to expect,

what time should i be at the ground for as i will need to find a parking space, and leave time to que up and get to my seat well before KO (im travelling from liverpool)

any advice please lads!

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Firstly your first game is going to be great, you'll love it.

I'd give yourself plenty of time to get into the ground if you're trying to find parking can be a bit of a headache. You prob want to get there no later than about half four/quarter to five. Earlier the better, don't waorry about it you can always go for a wander round the megastore if you have time to kill or even go up to The Trafford for a pint (only one if you're driving). Why don'y you go down early and see some of the sights around MCR if you haven't been before.
Anyways, have a great day altogether :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
you will have a great day no matter where your sitting if its your first game its always special, depending on where you park be prepared for a bit of a wait on the way out after the game.

on the day i'd get there a couple of hours early as its a saturday should have plenty of time- get down have a drink ( if you can) get something to eat and have a look at the stalls etc all round the streets on matchday- if its your first time no doubt you'll wanna buy one or two things.

just get down there and soak up the atmosphere and gennerally have a good day- and sing and shout when your in the ground- its the law

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
leave time to que up and get to my seat well before KO (im travelling from liverpool)
It's unlikely you'll have to queue to get through the turnstile if you arrive quarter of an hour or more before kick off. Even if you do have to queue there'll probably only be a couple of people in front of you. If you're borrowing a season ticket card from someone just wave it in front of the scanner to get through the turnstile. If it's an actual ticket it'll have a barcode on it which you have to insert in the scanner to get through the turnstile.

If you want to get a match programme, food or a drink inside the stadium get there a bit earlier though because you will have to queue for this and close to kick off the queues can be very long.

The turnstiles, blocks, rows and seats are well marked but if you have any trouble finding your seat just ask a steward. They're usually very helpful.

If you're sat above the tunnel I guess that means you're in the family area of the Stretford End. The atmosphere should be good but I've never been in the family area. I would guess that the stewards won't like you standing or swearing in this area. Perhaps someone who has sat there can share their experiences.

Most importantly, enjoy the game! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for the replies guys, i seriously cant wait until saturday, i reckon i will leave birkenhead at about half 2 so i get there can park close to the ground and have a wander about ect, the waiting to actually leave the ground isnt a big issue as i still be made up to have actually of been!!!

·
A curry and a crate of wifebeater please!!
25,242 Posts
cheers for the replies guys, i seriously cant wait until saturday, i reckon i will leave birkenhead at about half 2 so i get there can park close to the ground and have a wander about ect, the waiting to actually leave the ground isnt a big issue as i still be made up to have actually of been!!!
Write a post about it when you get back, will be interesting to hear about your first visit to OT, I'll never forget mine and I love going whenever I can

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, no drinking for me would much rather watch the game and remember it than get sloshed miss my train then not remember everything about my first utd game

lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
You'll love it mate!!

At least 2 hours before the game to visit store, see some sights around the stadium, and soak up the atmosphere should be ample enough time.

I want to hear that you lost your voice cheering our boys on lol!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Like carlo said get there early park up and go for a few pints at the trafford just down sir matt busby way across the road. It was my first time watching a game at OT on wednesday night and we got there at 2 in the afternoon and the game was at 8. A little early but we went for a few drinks checked out the megastore walked around the outisde of the stadium waited for the players and went into OT about 6:30 and watched the players warm up about 7:30. You will absolutely love it mate, i can't wait to go again so tempted to go up tomorrow but i think i will have to wait as it is the credit crunch an all lol :D

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You'll love it mate!!

At least 2 hours before the game to visit store, see some sights around the stadium, and soak up the atmosphere should be ample enough time.

I want to hear that you lost your voice cheering our boys on lol!
I certainly did when i got back from my first game on wednesday night :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
just before you walk out into the stadium take a deep breath before you walk up the few steps to heaven

you should never forget that moment even now i get goose bumps

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Go to the pub before hand mate and have a few pints, you dont have to get drunk, just have a few. This will get you in the mood for singing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, i might have one pint lol, with or with out drink i'll be singing and will be bitterly dissapointed if i can still talk come full time!

i have the ticket now, i am in the south stand, lower block sth121,

on the ticket it has the orginal ladys name on it, but obviously she isnt going, hopefully that wont make any problems?!?

oh and are bags and what not searched upon entry, as the couple of NFL games in wembley i have been searched?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts