Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im new to this forum and have got two tickets to United V Everton, I havnt been before...Was wondering any match goers' could answer my questios

1. Wheres the best and cheapest place to park?

2. Anyone know any good places to eat in manchester (Halal, since im Muslim)

3. The match kicks of at 8PM so I'll have a few hours before in Manchester, Anywhere good to see/visit/do anyone reccomends?

Cheers. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
ive only been there once, but Manchester itself is pretty nice. Like the city before you get on the train to the street where the stadium is. So you can probably pass the time in the city.

·
Registered
364 Posts
YoungGun_UK said:
Hey, Im new to this forum and have got two tickets to United V Everton, I havnt been before...Was wondering any match goers' could answer my questios

3. The match kicks of at 8PM so I'll have a few hours before in Manchester, Anywhere good to see/visit/do anyone reccomends?

1. There's official matchday car parks outside the stadium

2. Get a burger from Lou Macari's, unless you want to start faffing about with finding a full sit-down meal on a matchday

3. Erm, not sure tbh, but get to the ground early enough to go to the megastore :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
IanDangerously said:

2. Get a burger from Lou Macari's, unless you want to start faffing about with finding a full sit-down meal on a matchday

3. Erm, not sure tbh, but get to the ground early enough to go to the megastore :)
**** Take?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
there are plenty of car parks around the area...most are ok to park in either official ones or unofficial anywhere from 5-10 quid depending which one you choose.

go to the ground early and eat something round there few hours before kick off people start arriving in the area.

if its your first time and your after souveniers and things theres the megastore but outside you'll find plenty of stalls selling all sorts of merchandise-if yoiu get there early enough it'll give you time to have a look round everything

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
IanDangerously said:

1. Official matchday aint the way to go. Closer to ground you get the longer you will be getting out. I have found its better to park further away (10-15 min walk) and by the time you get to your car, a lot of the parking mayhem has gone.

2. Not quite sure but dont think a burger from Lou Macari's qualifies as halal. Think there is a Frankie and Benny's nearby but if u got time to kill you can be in City Centre in 15-20 min tube ride

3. Do anything but the megastore on matchdays. You can get it all online and the shop is full of overpriced tat with a united badge chucked on it. Take the United badge off and most of it wouldnt look out of place in a pound shop.

Do the munich tunnel, Bishops but you will need to wanna queue. Shop on corner with good replicas of some of the trophies (also a stall near there that sells proper united memorabilia, talking old classic programs, scarves and books from yesteryear). Failing that, have a good look round the stalls near the ground selling some funny shirts (Manchester 08 - The European Capital of Trophies) but if you wanna gain massive respect, avoid the megastore.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
YoungGun_UK said:

If possible, don't drive. Get the tram or bus IMO. As if you want to park it could be costly...

Just have a burger and chips or something like that from the vans around the place.

Since its your first time, get a few pics maybe? Go around OT...take it all in. Go around the megastore...etc

Enjoy the game! :)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
for a first timer who's after the been there kinda souvenier thing can't beat all the stalls and stuff outside, beats the official tat from inside

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
scottsati said:
for a first timer who's after the been there kinda souvenier thing can't beat all the stalls and stuff outside, beats the official tat from inside
my thoughts exactly. some of the stuff on the stalls wipes the arse with the crap in the MEGAstore.

·
Registered
364 Posts
antdevil78 said:
my thoughts exactly. some of the stuff on the stalls wipes the arse with the crap in the MEGAstore.
The megastore's alright ... do they still do those replica shirts from the 68 European Cup Final? They were cool.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but practicing muslims don't drink alcohol, at least not excessively?
and your idea of him getting a dog meat burger from lou's is idea of what muslims do. Can see Mr Macari blessing the burgers as they go on the hotplate :D :D :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
antdevil78 said:
and your idea of him getting a dog meat burger from lou's is idea of what muslims do. Can see Mr Macari blessing the burgers as they go on the hotplate :D :D :D
Touché.

I thought all fast food places and chippys were Halal these days, they certainly are in Birmingham. I can't stop laughing at the idea of Mr Macari blessing burgers though!!! :D :D :cool:

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
YoungGun_UK said:

get yourself around lancashire cricket ground, on chester road are some good car parks, £5er most of them, but some are £10. good distance from the ground, at a jog you can get there in 2 mins and beat a lot of traffic

depends entirely on what you want. in terms of avoiding meat, there's a pizza hut at 5 minute walk from the ground. next to it is a harry ramsden, fish and chips, little bit dear, but it's really good. i think included in some package deals from united, they send you there ;) see, i can't be at all sure what places would be halal. if you want the true matchday experience, burger van ;)
it's been said before, but the megastore isn't up to much. it's hellish on matchday, nothing really class in there. go to one of the pubs. the bishops blaize is probably the best, but get in early to try and avoid massive queues. if you're strict no drinking, go anyway. it's all about the atmosphere pre-match. if it's your first time, go to the ground about 7.30, watch it fill up and
enjoy it

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
main thing is if you see a blonde man with the backpack the size of an eastern european country doin it then do the opposite.

queuing for the megastore is the same as goin to london underground in rush hour and standing on the left goin down the escalators. people will look at you and say "bloody tourists"

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
IanDangerously said:
Touché.

I thought all fast food places and chippys were Halal these days, they certainly are in Birmingham. I can't stop laughing at the idea of Mr Macari blessing burgers though!!! :D :D :cool:
fast food shops are only bothered bout getting the meat they have and disguising it at what we humans tend to call "food". lot of that tends to go on round OT pre-match

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL Cheers lads, I new the Megastore was ***** and didnt plan on going there, Il check out the stuff outside then, Il probably go to one of the chippies and it seems like parking 5-10's away from the ground is the way to go. Thanks lads will enjoy it :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts