Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are waiting to learn the severity of injuries suffered by Edwin van der Sar and Louis Saha.

Van der Sar was forced off at half-time during Saturday's FA Cup defeat to Portsmouth after picking up a groin injury.

United are unsure how serious the Dutch goalkeeper's problem is, but he is a worry for next weekend's game with Derby County.

If Van der Sar fails to recover in time for the trip to Pride Park, it could see Ben Foster make his debut for United.

Tomasz Kuszczak, who replaced Van der Sar against Portsmouth, will be serving a three-match suspension after his red card for bringing down Milan Baros.

That will leave Foster, who has only just recovered from a long-term knee injury, as United's sole senior keeper for the match against the Premier League's bottom club.

The fitness of Saha is also a concern for United boss Sir Alex Ferguson after the French striker was withdrawn from the Pompey defeat.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3269998,00.html

·
He wipes front to back
27,655 Posts
ive had it with saha . made of glass he is . anderton was reliable in comparison . get him off the wage bill pronto as he must put our bupa premiums thru the roof

·
Registered
590 Posts
As long as Edwin is fit for the game against Liverpool, I will be happy because Derby and Bolton, we should be able to beat comfortably.

The Saha situation is annoying, it just seems to be one injury after the next. If he is fit then he is a valuable player to us, but he just can't get a run in the side because of injury

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
ya it must be very tough for saha, i really feel sorry for him, wel probably never kno how good he couldve been!!

Foster's gonna get thrown in! i hope hes ready!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Saha could of been a world-class player in my eyes. the small bit of talent and skill you see when he is ACTUALLY fit is amazing, he's just unlucky.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
The thing about Saha is that, sometimes when you get a serious injury in your knee, it makes you injury prone.

I think the knee must be the worst injury you can get in terms of future career (apart from a VERY SERIOUS leg break mind you.)

Hes a quality player, but just doesn't get the luck with injuries. I can't bring myself to stop supporting him though. He needs support, and it must be really deflating when we have supporters who always gets on his back all the time.

I hope he recovers well, but it's hard.

As for the goalkeeper situation, I think we could go out against Derby WITHOUT a goalkeeper and still win. But like I said in another thread, if Foster plays well, he shouldn't be dropped, unless the medical team decide its too much for him at the moment. I can just see him putting in a wondershow against Liverpool though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts