Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the inception of the Premier League Man United have scored 5 goals at least once every season.

However, this season could be the first time United manage the feat 5 times in 1 season.

We have already tied the record of 4 times. We did this in the 01/02 season when we put 5 past Spurs, West Ham, Derby and Nantes.

This season we have scored 5 against Stoke, Blackburn, Gamba Osaka and West Brom.

So, will we make it five 5 star performances this season and, if so, who do you think it will be against?

(The odds of it being against Everton this weekend are 28-1 in case anyone is interested)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
No chance of it against Everton will be lucky if we score more than one :p

Hmm who knows theres a long time to go so why not, we still have to play teams like Hull again who lets be honest don't have the greatest defence.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Well last season we put eleven past Newcastle so I wouldn't rule out a demolition of them this season, despite us already drawing to them at home. They've pretty much gone down hill since then.

I can also see us destroying Liverpool when they come to Old Trafford, 3 or 4-0. 5 might be just out of reach though.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I'd pick Newcastle, Hull City on the final day and Derby County/Nottingham Forrest. Nucastle have been really poor over the last 6 games...and even if they do improve by the time we play them, we'll be firing on all cylinders, Rooney will be back...so we'll probably tear them apart.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
we seem to have some pretty nice games against newcastle over the last couple of years dont we?, hopefully it will happen again this season, but I can also see it against hull and in the fa cup if we get a weak draw.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
most seasons they score 6 in a game and i used to bet my scouse workmates over a number of seasons that utd would achieve the feat and i never lost a bet.
about 5 or 6 weeks ago i said in a post that utd would get 6 in a game shortly and a few young guys seemed to think i was talking stupid ,well they should have hit 6 against derby and west brom and i still think that they will go to town on a team before the season ends.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
The thing with United is a 5-goal game could just come from anywhere, inparticular if you continue to improve as they have been doing lately. Maybe Tottenham at home we could get a big score I think, I know Tottenham potentially are a good side but they are fragile too, their players are soft, and I think if we got an early goal at Old Trafford against them they would get intimidate and we could really batter them.

But as I say it can come from anywhere, look at when we put 6 past Arsenal a few years ago

1 - 12 of 12 Posts