Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The United boss believes there is an agenda at the Premier League to help make it more difficult for his side to clinch a third consecutive title. The Scot has even threatened to send a representative to the Premier League headquarters this summer to oversee the calendar being composed.

The root cause of Fergie’s dismay is the fact that the Reds have to face all of last season’s top 10 away from home in the first half of the season and that they have been forced to play away from Old Trafford after every one of their Champions League ties this season.

"I have been saying for a few months we have been handicapped by the Premier League fixture list," said Ferguson.

"They tell me it is not planned but I have my doubts.

"I am not saying what they do down there but next year we will be sending someone to see how it works I can assure you because I just don't understand how you can get the fixtures like that.

United have been further hindered by their participation in the Club World Championship which sees them having played fewer games than their rivals.

"It has been a difficult period for us," he added.

"I felt if we could get within three or four points of the leading teams at this moment in time I would be delighted.

"Obviously the games in hand have not allowed that.

"You have to win games of football but they are two home matches, which you would expect us to have a good chance of narrowing the gap to get where I wanted us to be."

goal.com

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
The root cause of Fergie's dismay is the fact that the Reds have to face all of last season's top 10 away from home in the second half of the season

goal.com

Just a point we have Chelsea , Liverpool , Arsenal , Portsmouth and City at home this artical has been writed wrong all of the away games were played in the first half of the season.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
eeee by gum i am reet vexed by fixture list --------- vexes what a great word to start the year with

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red dave said:
Just a point we have Chelsea , Liverpool , Arsenal , Portsmouth and City at home this artical has been writed wrong all of the away games were played in the first half of the season.
sorry dave..fixed it now...let's concentrate on the main thing and that United are facing more than 20 teams to win the premiership.Someone up there in the federation doesn't want United to win a third consecutive title.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
sorry dave..fixed it now...let's concentrate on the main thing and that United are facing more than 20 teams to win the premiership.Someone up there in the federation doesn't want United to win a third consecutive title.
I think we have handled it amazing to be honest yes it has been a bad fixture list .
I have to say being a few games from a being a point behind the top makes it a great start considering .

It is all set up for a great run in and I think a few at anfield and stamford bridge will be looking at our fixtures and worrying a little that we could destory the league if we get on a good run .

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
red dave said:
I think we have handled it amazing to be honest yes it has been a bad fixture list .
I have to say being a few games from a being a point behind the top makes it a great start considering .

It is all set up for a great run in and I think a few at anfield and stamford bridge will be looking at our fixtures and worrying a little that we could destory the league if we get on a good run .
music to my years:cool:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, the fixtures haven't been kind to us so far.

However, it could, and hopefully it will, work to our advantage. We are in a strong position despite our fixtures so far, and with the fixtures we have left, we have every right to be confident and excited about the run-in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts