Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The captain (Barry Ferguson) and vice-captain (Stephen McManus) are both missing for Scotland's World Cup qualifier against Norway so United's Darren Fletcher has been named captain.

Fair play to him. He's made a good start to the season at United and has been a regular in the Scotland, if not the United, side.

I'm sure he'll be proud to captain his country and I hope he puts in a good performance.

·
Registered
115 Posts
He doesnt appeal to me as a big motivator, however he does lead by example. He works very hard on and off the pitch and every player has to admire that. If your captain is training hard, you train hard.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
This is fantastic news.

Fletcher is Scotlands best midfielder, is so passionate about Scotland, his work-rate is phenomenal and he fully deserves this honour.

He should be permanent Scotland captain. I can still remember the time when he was eligible to play for the U-21's, and he wanted to play for the U-21's on the Tuesday then the senior team on the Wednesday, but the manager stopped him. Fantastic commitment.

Hes already got 40 caps (after Saturday) at the age of 24, so injuries permitting, if he goes on at the same rate, he will take over from Kenny Dalglish as record cap holder. (Dalglish currently has 102)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
yeah Fletcher deserves it :)

he maybe ain't great passer like Darry Ferguson nor a talented ass like Brown
so fair play for him

plus hes proving that hes a great player this season and hope he proves that hes Scotlands best midfielder

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
fletch deserves his chance...the last 18 months of his united time he's been in terrific form and i agree he isn't a great motivator , he leads by actions- which is the best way really.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts