Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United midfielder Darren Fletcher was disappointed in defeat but remained determined the reigning champions would bounce back. He insisted Cristiano Ronaldo was not to blame for the loss after the Portuguese winger missed a crucial penalty...

Fletcher, back in the starting line-up during the busy Christmas period, was on the losing end as Manchester United succumbed to a late double from an inconsistent West Ham side who ran out 2-1 winners at Upton Park.

"To lose like that, late on in the game after battling so hard for most of the match, is disappointing," Fletcher said to MUTV.

"Ronaldo missed his penalty but that can happen, we're still in a comfortable position 1-0 up and then it comes down to set-pieces."

The Scottish international was adamant that United's undisputed player of this season so far - as well as last - was not to blame for the result.

"It's not him to blame, he's been fantastic for us and won us many games and many points. We were still in a winning position, so it's nothing to do with the penalty that lost us the game today. It was individual errors at set-pieces that have cost us."

The loss saw United drop points for the first time during the hectic holiday schedule and Fletcher rues the missed opportunity of a perfect return over the winter stretch.

"Every time you drop points or lose, you have to pick yourself up and go on another winning run," he said. "We wanted to get through the Christmas period with maximum points and put pressure on the teams below us, but unfortunately that's not happened.

"We've got to pick ourselves up for Birmingham now and get three points and go on another winning run. We can't wait for that game to come now."

Manchester United have dropped back into second place behind Arsenal who won today, having led the Gunners for just three days.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
No sh*t Darren..........:rolleyes:

And then Fletcher comes out and tries to save his arse.

He has to go, it's as simple as that.

Before the match today I couldn't believe the centre midfield line up. Creativity out the window it seems.

We are top of the League and so we play two defensive work horses in midfield who lack creativity............that is not the United way imho....

We should be playing the kind of footballl associated with our long and illustrious history and that should not involve Darren Fletcher in midfield......

Z

·
0 Posts
I was out all day at a family party so I didn't get to watch the match, although I listened to as much of it as I could on the radio! The dudes on the radio said Ronaldo missed his penalty by three yards!! wtf!?!? Also I heard Rooney wasn't even in the squad? Another wtf?!?! Is it just me...or is it whenever we rest players we end up losing?

Disclaimer: I am extremely drunk so I assume no responsibility for my drunken opinion :)

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Zuco , we were crap, simple as. Midfield was well below average - no go and rooney was rested. Fergies Fantastic Team Changes Strikes Again!

·
Registered
505 Posts
You're right Fletch.

YOU ARE to blame.

You horrible, mediocre bloody waste of space.

God knows why Anderson didn't start tonight.

I'm just sick of seeing this useless tosser run around like a faggot and contribute nothing positively to the team.

He's so shit it's untrue, why is he playing for Manchester United??

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
unitedred said:
You're right Fletch.

YOU ARE to blame.

I'm just sick of seeing this useless tosser run around like a faggot and contribute nothing positively to the team.

Yes but he is Scotland captain :p

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ron_aveiro said:
well actually, if u noticed, fletcher was the one marking Anton..so no surprises there..
I still can't figure out why Fletch is the one marking Anton,it's supposed to be Rio in the first place!:confused: Can somebody answer my question?

·
Registered
4 Posts
unitedred said:
You're right Fletch.

YOU ARE to blame.

Dont be so hard on him went to the game and he worked his arse off hes DM not an AM hargereevs shouldnt have been played, yeah he was marking anton and it was his mistake so what get over it rio was vidic was marking upson for the second no ones saying hes shit. mistakes happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts