Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darren Fletcher is by the far the most underated player at Man U, even the P.L, when people see him on the team sheet, they feel more confident playing United, IMO Fletcher is one of the hardest working players on the team, creates a massive amount and his composure on the ball is second to none. He goes unrecognised by to many people....

Z

·
0 Posts
He played well yesterday, better than he has for a while. He broke down a lot of attacks and if I remember correctly won the ball back seconds before we took the lead.

Disagree about his composure though. Just look at his shot when Rooney pulled it back for him in the box yesterday.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Tuncay is probably the most underrated player in the PL. Plenty of United fans recognise what Fletcher brings to the side. Him or Arbeloa for Liverpool. Bramble is also a good shout. So no, I wouldn't say by far.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
He is underrated by our competitors and our own fans. It seems that many people have failed to see the vast improvement to Fletcher's game over the last few years. He is still just a squad player but I have seen some journalists place him in their United first choice XI. The lad has come on leaps and bounds and is now a very valuable member of our squad - especially since he can play in a few positions. His performances on the right side of midfield at the beginning of the season were impressive and he has even looked solid when filling in at right-back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disagree about his composure though. |Just look at his shot when Rooney pulled it back for him in the box yesterday.
Even the best players in the world can have a bad shot,lol, not saying hes the best in the world, but he is human.

Z

·
0 Posts
Even the best players in the world can have a bad shot,lol, not saying hes the best in the world, but he is human.
No, but you did say "his composure on the ball is second to none".

Even you must admin that that's a major exaggeration :p

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yeah I suppose Fletcher is under-rated at times..!
He does his job well when he gets his chance and last night he played well for the team..
The reason I like him is because he's such a versatile player who will give his all when Fergie calls upon him.. This has been his best season for United anyway and he's a ver important squad player..
If there are any injuries or suspensions in midfield or right back, Fletcher will fit in and do a good job..!
I also think he's a great attitude, he doesn't mind sitting on the bench at times and when he gets his chance he makes sure he puts in a good performance.. Could of easily left the club last summer to get 1st team football regularly but he stook it out at United and reaped his rewards this year..!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I agree completely and I definitely think he is the most underrated player, even by some United fans. And Zuco about the point you make about the chance he missed yesterday, that does not make him not composed it just shows he's not a good finisher. He is very composed on the ball. Wouldn't exactly say 'second to non' but its good.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
good to see so many members agreeing that fletcher is a good player now. i remember last season, many was asking for fletcher to be sold. there was a very huge debate on him, anderson, hargo, carrick.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i have always thought fletcher is a big game player who excells at stopping our opponents playmaker , and that is fletchers main attribute because he is just average at all other aspects of his game . but he will play a huge part in the semi final against arsenal if utd are to progress.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Think Park is way more underrated than Fletcher. Definitely in terms of the Premier League. Everyone i know seems to be really critical of Park involvement in a United shirt in any capacity and cant see how he warrants getting a game for us

He works for the team rather than going for individual glory. Happy to play one game and miss the next as opposed to Tevez and i feel Fergie holds him in high regard now and a player he can call on.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I think Benayoun is the most underrated player in the PL. He always brings it out in Big games. Madrid, Fulham, Arsenal
He's a good shout too, but all the Scousers seem to rate him now..:rolleyes:
I always though he was under-rated though and never really got a run in the team under Rafa..!
He could play well and score in one game and the next game he's an unused sub, that Rafa is a Clown..!:p

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
He's a good shout too, but all the Scousers seem to rate him now..:rolleyes:
I always though he was under-rated though and never really got a run in the team under Rafa..!
He could play well and score in one game and the next game he's an unused sub, that Rafa is a Clown..!:p
benayoun was affected the most by rafa's tinkering. i agree. Rafa is truly a clown! :mf_tongue:

1 - 20 of 207 Posts