• Keep Him-Squad players are important and he can still do a job

Votes: 92 78.6%
  • Let him Leave-For his own good. He isnt good enough for United

Votes: 25 21.4%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
What the hell is with some of you? Its not football manager :rolleyes: As long as Fletch is happy with his role as a squad player we should hold onto him. Our stars are not going to play every match, and you have to have some quality back-up players to fill in. Think the Arsenal game should he was capable.

However if he wants regular action, then sell him.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
antdevil78 said:
rank him then in order of getting a game for our current midfielders.
You know what is funny, I would put him at the bottom of all choices, but you know what, he is OK with it and you need players like that in the squad. Not only does he get shuffled into all midfield positions, I wouldn't have a problem seeing him as cover for the defense as well.

I mean, lets break down the Center Mid. You have Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, and Anderson. Scholes is getting older and obviously needs more breaks to stay fresher. Hargreaves is still struggling with his tendinitis so you never know when he might miss a game. With Anderson's star exploding, he is playing that many more games for the Brazilian National Teams, both U23 and the Senior Teams so possibility of him getting injured increases. Carrick's form dropped a bit last year during the late winter, from I feel being overworked. You are going to tell me that it isn't somewhat refreshing knowing that we have Fletcher ready to go when you are competing for all our different trophies.

Also, with his versatility, I don't think we could get enough money to justify a transfer for him. For someone who can play almost anywhere other than up top or goalie.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
MUFC1958 said:
Fletcher has a great attitude. He is a workaholic and gives you legs in the midfield. However, he is simply not good enough to put on a Utd shirt. He has got away with playing for Utd for years being Fergie's blue eyed boy but I hope he has finally realised that Fletcher is not good enough. Had another Manager been at OT he would have been released a long time ago!
But if it had been another Manager at United, would we have had such a wonderful form the past 20 years? Maybe Fergie knows something about the players he wants.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I can understand that, but his experience is nice as well, and he can fit in many positions. He just gets slighted cause he is a "Jack of all trades, and master of none."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts