• Keep Him-Squad players are important and he can still do a job

Votes: 92 78.6%
  • Let him Leave-For his own good. He isnt good enough for United

Votes: 25 21.4%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Darren was born February 1, 1984. So he's still only 24. And I think he should do what Ole did, stayed at the club and earning his games. His home is at Old Trafford.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Isnt it great to have a player at his peak ready to step in and do the work when the boss calls for him? Do we always have to have kids > 20 in the squad and offload them as soon as they reach the peak and dont play 38 games in the league and every cup game unless they are injured or banned?

Strong teams got these team players like Fletcher, O'Shea and Park who let our greedy star and other star players to shine while they do the dirty work.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
stretty said:
he could easily be a regular in any premier league team bar the top four , everyone appreciates he is a good squad player and it is only a question of time till he gets frustrated and leaves , just like all the squad players before him they all want to play every week
The same was said about Ole in 1990's but he was faithful to United.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
stretty said:
ole was a one off and please do not compare him to fletcher .
Yep and Ole is a saint. Its true what they say, you dont talk bad about dead people. Unless they happens to be Stalin, Hitler and a few other of the dictator hall of fame-names.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Last nights game he proved he's needed in our team. When the big name players lets us down at least Fletcher is throwing his body in there.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
30/09/2008 08:26, Report by Ben Hibbs
Fletcher never lets United down

Sir Alex Ferguson has praised Darren Fletcher as one of United’s unsung heroes – adding that, when the Reds really need him, the Scottish midfielder won’t let anyone down.

Fletcher has turned in some eye-catching performances so far this season, also twice finding the net with well-timed runs into the box.

It’s certainly not gone unnoticed by Sir Alex, who says sometimes fans are quick to overlook the 24-year-old’s contribution.

“I've been delighted with the way Darren Fletcher is performing,” says Sir Alex.

“Darren is a low-profile player and perhaps taken for granted by some fans who see Manchester United players as celebrities. Some of them are, of course, and there is nothing wrong with that, but it doesn’t mean we should overlook the likes of Fletcher.”

In the absence of Owen Hargreaves in Aalborg, Sir Alex may again turn to his fellow countryman as United look for a first win in Champions League Group E.

“Darren isn’t in every starting line-up but I’ll tell you one thing for sure: whenever we hit a sticky patch or we’re going into a big game, he is one of the players I turn to, and he responds like the cavalry.

“He knows what he is good at and he doesn’t try to come up with anything fancy like dribbling runs. But he’s intelligent and he plays to his strengths – getting to the ball, running off it and using it well.”

ManUtd.com http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BF9E570E6%2D407E%2D44BC%2D800F%2D4A3110258114%7D&newsid=6619421

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
With 38 league games and hopefully 13 Champions League games we got 51 competetive games to play. And with 5-15 cup games added to that there's a lot of games for the first squad to play. We will need Fletcher as well as the other midfielders in the squad for this season. There will always be suspensions, form dips, injuries and tactical reasons which make us need everyone.

And keep in mind that many of our players plays international games as well. In qualifying, friendlies and Championships a top player could be involved in over 80 games in one year. Thats too much even for a fully fit 20-25 year old superstar. So there's no reason at all to offload any player.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Fletcher flattered by Fergie words

Darren Fletcher has admitted he is embarrassed at the high praise afforded to him by Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Although the Red Devils were forced to wait until the last minutes of transfer deadline day before snaring Dimitar Berbatov, and it needed an unscheduled trip to Portugal to persuade Cristiano Ronaldo to stay, Ferguson claimed the biggest relief he felt this summer was when Fletcher signed a new four-year contract.

The Scot's reasoning was, as a one-club man, foot soldiers like Fletcher are an essential component of United's quest for glory.

Yet the praise does not sit easily with the midfielder, who skippered Scotland for the first time against Norway earlier this month.

"I feel slightly embarrassed," said Fletcher.

"From what I have seen, signing Dimitar Berbatov looks like a good piece of business and Ronaldo is still here.

"But the manager made me feel wanted and said I was a big part of the team. It was the reassurance I needed, so I was happy to sign the contract."

Fletcher has been handsomely rewarded and, partly due to a spate of midfield injuries, the 24-year-old will make his 10th appearance of the season tonight if he faces West Ham at Old Trafford.

It is not a bad return for the end of October, especially as he was only involved on 24 occasions during the whole of last term.

Although he did have a couple of spells out because of injury, Fletcher's lack of action alerted rival clubs, leaving the player well aware he would be a man in demand if he did decide to leave.

However, having seen Nicky Butt and Phil Neville depart in similar circumstances, with mixed results, Fletcher opted against making a move.

"You have to think of the consequences before you leave here because there is no place like Manchester United," he said.

"A lot of people told me but I have also seen it first hand.

"The decision to leave would be massive. Thankfully, it has not come to that.

"I feel as though I am part of the team and am doing my bit to help achieve success. As long as that continues I am happy to be here. The day I feel I am not contributing as much as I can, it might be time to move on."

Fletcher is expected to keep his place tonight even though Michael Carrick has returned to training after an ankle injury.

With a home game against Hull looming on Saturday, Ferguson may opt to put Carrick on the bench, where Ryan Giggs may also find himself after starting Saturday's disappointing draw at Everton.

Ferguson must resolve the usual right-back conundrum, with Wes Brown, Gary Neville and Rafael da Silva all vying for selection, while the United boss must be tempted to recall Carlos Tevez given the number of chances his side frittered away at Goodison Park.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1765_4425188,00.html

...Although the Red Devils were forced to wait until the last minutes of transfer deadline day before snaring Dimitar Berbatov, and it needed an unscheduled trip to Portugal to persuade Cristiano Ronaldo to stay, Ferguson claimed the biggest relief he felt this summer was when Fletcher signed a new four-year contract. ...
..."The Scot's reasoning was, as a one-club man, foot soldiers like Fletcher are an essential component of United's quest for glory. "..

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4424622,00.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts