• Let him Leave-For his own good. He isnt good enough for United

Votes: 25 21.4%
61 - 80 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Varadi said:
Decent player with a good attitude and work ethic.

Would be delighted to see him at Newcastle, we will happily take O'Shea off your hands as well. Perhaps a deal seeing Shola go the other way to ease your striker problems. :)
ha nice try :rolleyes:
Hows Duffer looking for you guys. Heard he scored a hat-trick in pre-season
and might be back to his best. Anything else you can tell us?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Fair play to Fletch. He had a great pre-season and has scored twice already
in the Prem. So for those of you who wanted him to stay there is some good news:

Fletcher set to earn himself new four-year deal

Sir Alex Ferguson is set to offer Darren Fletcher a new contract. The Scotsman's
current deal expires at the end of the season – but the hardworking midfielder
has impressed so far this season and has scored both of United's Premier League
goals to date. Negotiations are underway, with Fletcher set to commit his long-
term future to Old Trafford. The Scottish international's future has long been the
discussion of debate.

Often criticised by the Old Trafford boo-boys, Fletch has avoided the temptation to
seek regular first-team football at another top-flight club and has worked hard at United.

He has taken advantage of the summer absentee crisis at the club and has
enjoyed an impressive start to the new campaign. He looked a little rusty in the
Community Shield - missing a sitter from three yards out - but has responded
superbly with goals against Newcastle and Pompey in the league.

Ferguson regards the 24-year-old has a hugely useful squad player and Fletcher
is prepared to commit his future to the European champions. Discussions are
taking place and the player is expected to pen a new, lucrative four-year deal in the near future.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
RichardsReds said:
If he stays 4 more years at the club that takes him to 28 then he may as well finish his career here.

united legend in the making possibly?
Nah, he isnt good enough to become a legend, but he can damn well do a good job when asked.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
united legend , now that is getting carried away.
i have never been one of his greatest fans but even i have had to admit he is playing better than last season and does a reasonable job when anderson carrick and co are not available

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It's funny to see peoples posts saying we dont need him, he isnt good enough and he wont play. Well, he has done a lot already this season and in the past when called upon to convince me he is an important squad player. If I was him though, I'd give it one more season then look for regular football elsewhere. Could easily be a regular at clubs like Wigan, Newcastle or Man City. IMO.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
he could easily be a regular in any premier league team bar the top four , everyone appreciates he is a good squad player and it is only a question of time till he gets frustrated and leaves , just like all the squad players before him they all want to play every week

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
stretty said:
he could easily be a regular in any premier league team bar the top four , everyone appreciates he is a good squad player and it is only a question of time till he gets frustrated and leaves , just like all the squad players before him they all want to play every week
The same was said about Ole in 1990's but he was faithful to United.

·
Registered
125 Posts
honestly i like i would like to see him stay because when hes needed he always raises his game and he is a useful player but if he wanted to go fair enough so there you are thats all i have to say about it

61 - 80 of 160 Posts