Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, guys !!

Does Giggs usually play at that level he was against Inter at OT ???

If yes, he cannot absolutely go to retirement.
Simply a joy to watch him play: an example for young players.
So classy, so skillful, so clever. Put in Man Utd football machine, he gets even more valorized.

How to make difference in a football match with only class, not needing huge physical supremacy.
Anyway,if one didn't know, nobody would suppose he's that age.

I don't see reasons for an early retirement

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Maybe his reason behind him retiring is his knowledge that, when he can no longer perform like he's doing, he's of less value for the team then a sub would be.

Nevertheless, his value on the locker room alone would warrant a continuation.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well yes, for the last few months he has been like that in most games.
He has 16 assists already this season and has easily been our best player this year (bar Vidic).
He was a joy to watch tonight. 'Ryan Giggs Ryan Giggs, running down the wing'

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Why do you think inter milan is interested in signing him?? well atleast according to Goal.com :p

i have always know with him, they are higher chanced one of the corner kick we have will end up with goal, if that is not enough his overall display, the way he get thru more than two players i would have mistaken him for ronaldo. Not forgetting how surprise i am that at his age, he can still dribble and who said he no longer have the pace? Thats not what i saw thou :p

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I'm really glad I decided to wear my Giggs kit today. :D

As for the game, I had to go to work, but from what I heard Giggs was incredible. I really think that 10 years down the line, when we can look back on Giggs' career and his influence on United, that Giggs will go down as one of the best players of all time.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why do you think inter milan is interested in signing him?? well atleast according to Goal.com :p

i have always know with him, they are higher chanced one of the corner kick we have will end up with goal, if that is not enough his overall display, the way he get thru more than two players i would have mistaken him for ronaldo. Not forgetting how surprise i am that at his age, he can still dribble and who said he no longer have the pace? Thats not what i saw thou :p
Signing Giggs ??
Don't know..... the mania to have others' legends around themselves has taken the unable executives of european teams: unable in choosing good players for their cause

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Last season was arguably his worst ever, but this season he is a 100% CM/AM, and it suits him perfectly. His direct running causes havoc as most CM's aren't used to facing that.

He is faster than most when running with the ball, and his dribbling skills have been so good he would probably be half decen't in a wheelchair.

He's been our best attacking player this season, which, when you consider the fact that he hasn't played every game, is a testiment to how well he has performed.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Well yes, for the last few months he has been like that in most games.
He has 16 assists already this season and has easily been our best player this year (bar Vidic).
He was a joy to watch tonight. 'Ryan Giggs Ryan Giggs, running down the wing'
wow, thats amazing.

Here's a good question though, what would Giggs have been like as a CM in his prime? Wasted? Or even better?

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
wow, thats amazing.

Here's a good question though, what would Giggs have been like as a CM in his prime? Wasted? Or even better?
Probably a bit of a waste. He now has the experience to play in a creative position, where he doesn't need to move as much, but his game reading comes into full bloom. Back when he was younger, he had pace and stamina, and letting him run the lines back then was the best. Having him stuck at CM would have hurt, I think.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
That's an interesting question. He might have thrived there, running past a CM that doesn't know how to deal with the directness instead of passing. He might have been able to open up space by drawing up a CB to deal with him, having a striker run into the open space where the CB is. He might have been effective there, but then again, even the best fullbacks had problems with Giggsy. So who knows. All I know is that I'm very happy that he's getting used to his CM role now.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Oh, guys !!

If yes, he cannot absolutely go to retirement.
Simply a joy to watch him play: an example for young players.
So classy, so skillful, so clever. Put in Man Utd football machine, he gets even more valorized.

How to make difference in a football match with only class, not needing huge physical supremacy.
Anyway,if one didn't know, nobody would suppose he's that age.

I don't see reasons for an early retirement
He's not retiring for at least one more season.

It's only this season that Fergie put Ryan in the CM role on a consistant basis and discovered his magic.

Initially there were some complaints about his performances during a match against Celtic, but I felt he had played in that position than at anytime during the 07/08 season.

Since then he's gone from strength to strength.

Playing intelligent balls, running at midfielders and CBs with the ball, skipping past players, stealing the ball from players without fouling them.

He can play in that position for at least another season and has been more consistant than Scholes in that position this season.

I just wish some of his passes in the final third of the pitch were more accurate.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
He's not retiring for at least one more season.

It's only this season that Fergie put Ryan in the CM role on a consistant basis and discovered his magic.

Initially there were some complaints about his performances during a match against Celtic, but I felt he had played in that position than at anytime during the 07/08 season.

Since then he's gone from strength to strength.

Playing intelligent balls, running at midfielders and CBs with the ball, skipping past players, stealing the ball from players without fouling them.

He can play in that position for at least another season and has been more consistant than Scholes in that position this season.

I just wish some of his passes in the final third of the pitch were more accurate.
I think thats because he tends to go for the killer ball, which obviously is more likely to be intercepted than a possession-retaining pass, which Scholes is the master of.

His flicks can be a tad annoying. When they come of, a la Derby, they are awesome to watch, but when they fail to work its frustrating.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think thats because he tends to go for the killer ball, which obviously is more likely to be intercepted than a possession-retaining pass, which Scholes is the master of.

His flicks can be a tad annoying. When they come of, a la Derby, they are awesome to watch, but when they fail to work its frustrating.
Tell me about it!

But I have top say that Ryan seems a bit more composed of late and has eased up on the flicks. He now usually limits the number of times to do those flicks and is more selective of when to do them.

initialy, it was frustrating to see him do it all the time, when the side was already struggling to keep possession for example and needed a calming hand to play it simple.

But like I said he seems to be displaying better judgment of late.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
First off, I would like to think that I had some sort of impact on his game as I watched "It's a Wonderful Run by Giggs" late last night...

Secondly, I think with how hard he trains he can go on for 3-4 more years with these performances he has given as of late.

when we can look back on Giggs' career and his influence on United, that Giggs will go down as one of the best players of all time.
I think it is now becoming an argument that he might be the greatest United player ever, not just one of the greats. :thumbsup:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
oh to be fair i just wished they could hurry up and perfect human cloning :thumbsup:

i mean he was awesome tonight and he has been pretty much most games hes appeared in this season, massive credit to him for keeping up some amazing levels of fitness and staying so focused on winning and playing for the team not himself, i mean anyone could be forgiven for a abit of arrogance if they have achieved what he has in his career, but ryan as ever has been a true pro and still devotes 100% to the cause

he alone proves what united is for me ''a love, a passion and a fighting sprit to achieve more and more''

and as for the man retiring i say one name maldini, sure maybe not what he was but hes doing pretty well to be going at his age and although giggs may play in a more demanding position i still hope he could do it hes a great man to have around

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
No need to retire for Giggs, look at Nedved. Still amazing and approaching his late 30's.

The brain ages more slowly than the legs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts