Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
No offence versa, but platini at it again moaning, all the world is in debt, he's a total critic of english football, alway's has been, he's not interested at all in the well being of english football, Platini never minded money when he was at Juventus when they were winning everything

·
Banned
503 Posts
dlan4327 said:
I don't know whether to jump with joy or throw up with fear. :confused:

On the other hand I sometimes get the feeling he has it in for English clubs if you catch my drift. Maybe it's because Premier League clubs have the most cash.

Fact, you have hit the nail on the head

·
Banned
503 Posts
versa said:
Goal.com

Ahead of tonight's Champions League final, Uefa president Michel Platini has launched a new broadside at the Premier League's top two, Manchester United and Cherlsea, who will be contesting Uefa's Moscow showpiece.

Uefa chief Michel Platini has called the success of Champions League finalists Manchester United and Chelsea 'unfair' because the two clubs have run up huge overdrafts in their quest for the major trophies. Platini inisists that makes it unfair
for the other clubs who compete within their means.

Uefa, European football's governing body, is planning to bring in a licensing system that will ban from competition those clubs who do not balance their books.

Platini said: "It's clear the more in debt you are, the greater the chance you have of winning. It's not very ethical for our sport.

''We have to start thinking how we can ensure respect for the clubs who don't have debts and who never win any more because they don't have these budgets."

Chelsea have reported a loss of more than £100million in each year that Roman Abramovich has been the club's owner, while United have debts close to £800million.

Another round of volleys from Platini just before the CL Final!

Is he nobly wanting to help out to wipe off the debts of clubs which can't be a bad thing in itself or is he getting personal and green-eyed? The timing does unwittingly raise suspicion, isn't it?

And the licensing system Uefa has in mind is most intimidating, given the size of our debts - how can we ever qualify? Lol. But what justification or rationale do Uefa have to actually impose the ban on teams who can't balance their books no matter how well-meaning they are? What the hell is that all about?!
Like i said before he never complained when he was well paid as a player at juventus & they where splashing there cash about, he has a big problem with english clubs being sucsessfull

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.