Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which player(s) did you imagine you were when playing football when you were younger, SAL at present? ;)

For me, it's always Besty and Ronaldo for shots on goal :)

Also, even though I live in the back of beyond, a mile from any other house, I always have a kind of sneaking feeling that there is a scout or even a famous player watching me play :eek: Do you guys ever feel that?

Your stories and opinions please!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
For me growing up I used to be one of Baggio, Maradona, Careca, Zidane, Robson,
Hughes, Irwin, McGrath, Aldridge, Squillaci, Ronaldo, Brady, Keane, Van Basten, Romario, Maldini, Baresi, Klinsmann, Matteus, Voller, Weah, Rivaldo, Gazza, Giggs.
Im probably missing out lots and lots but they were some of the players that
rocked my footballing world growing up.
I loved football from all over, collected every sticker going and got
mucky playing in my park most days of my life :) Good times

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
the problem with this thread is we have to imagine k4t having mates . and his "house" is a mile away from everyone else for the same reason it has 15 foot high fences and cctv .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maradona. I loved and love his football. In 94 world cup after Argentina defeated, i liked Anderson in Sweden team. I don't remember his first name but i think it was something like Kenet (?). My friends sometimes called me anderson that year !!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Ha great considerin im youngish i imagine im the united team as it is Anderson :p I think he has a good shot on him except he sorta lacks the confidence at the moment to have a real go!

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
I used to be anyone i could think of. I even remember screaming (Eric) Nevland when i took a shot once when i was a kid. How sad... Not even sure if he was capped...

·
Registered
590 Posts
RichardsReds said:
I used to be anyone i could think of. I even remember screaming (Eric) Nevland when i took a shot once when i was a kid. How sad... Not even sure if he was capped...
Eric Nevland! That name bring's back the memories. And yer he did play for the first team. He scored as well in the 98/99 season in the early rounds of the league cup, against Bury I think it might have been but I'm not 100% sure it was them.

Anyway I was anyone who ever played for United too. I remember thinking I was everyone from Peter Schmeichel to David Beckham, and from Phil Neville to Dwight Yorke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts