Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just woyndering if any of you play Football Manager 07 or 06 on PC or console and if you do who are you managing and how are you getting on? Or are any of you lot Champ Manager fan's?

·
Registered
17 Posts
im a big fan nd i got a really good player for you
search 'marcelo' hes a 18 year old wing back and i guarantee he will get alot of young player of the month awards!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers i will look him up. I have a couple if your interested. Kerlon is a good attacking midfielder i think you would be able to pick him up for around £4.5 million. Anyways what team are you managing and how you getting on?

·
Registered
166 Posts
m managing United...if ur in the first season u can buy silva for pretty cheap...the same guy that's with valencia now...i got him and he's wonderfull...i also bought pazzini for around £12m and he's worth every penny..formed a great duo with wayne rooney upfront....

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Name: Anthony Harris
Club: Cockburn City (pronounced co-burn!!!)
Position: Should be left back/left mid

You need to load all players from the Australian database.

I recently in real life, transferred clubs...from Cockburn*State Premier League side(although i was playign reserves) to the First Division side Rockingham City(First Team) but those changes hopefully are amended on FM 2008.*

:p I always buy myself - well as often as i can :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wicked i bet thats kinda smart having yourself on a computer game. I have recently just splashed the cash on Berbatov from tottenham i think it cost me £18 million i will let you no how he gets on. Alan Smith has played awsome in my first season i think he has scored 19 goals. Its a very realistic game tho as Chelsea are always splashing the cash about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have FM portable on my PSP have recently brought the sellout Obi Mikel and he hasn't done too bad...i brought this one other guys who plays at RB and can play up front too as a replacement for G Neville. I played him against AC Milan...he gave me 2 assists and got MOTM...he was from a championship side i think. Im still playing CM 03/04 my favourite championship manager game overall. I have won everything with United after 8 seasons and my team is immense.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well though i have done seasons wth united i felt it was to easy so i started one with newcastle,it's pretty hard since they are so poor they didnt give me any money the players salary is just to over the limit so i coudnt buy any one and owen was the whole season out injured but i managed toget 9th and in last 16 of uefa i knew i had to do something 2nd season so i had to change things so i relased some players,sold some to nad put down thier salary's i bought simic and got pique on loan going good now i think i am 6th just 2pionts under 3rd it's pretty tight maybe 10 games played in all and yeah forgot dont know but some time in the 2nd season i got the australia job it was really good since i am Australian i won the asian cup with them :) but the bad thing schwazer retired but i am going good so far thx for reading

·
Registered
21 Posts
i've bought claudio maldonado for 10m pounds bojan krkic for 1m van den borre for 1m and very solid and good player sherman cardenas for 1m and he is only 17 but he is a rising star

·
Registered
58 Posts
I strted a new seaosn wiv Real Madrid on friday...just strting my 3rd season now...despite them supposedly being rich, i still find it hard to win the tittle as 1/2 their playas are old....also any of my big money targets end up going to chelsea...i missed out on Van Der Vaart, Dani Alves, Coloccini & Riquelme just for some nmes. However strting now my 3rd season i have nearly revamped the whole team to my liking and this is now what i have.

GK - Cassilas / Diego Lopez
RB - Ponzio (£2.8 Mill)
CB - Sergio Ramos / Metzelder (Free Bosman)
CB - Cannavaro / Woodgate (Loan Return)
LB - Antonio Lopes (£3.5 Mill) / Roberto Carlos
DM - Mascherano (£6mill) / Gago (£20 mill) / Emerson
LM - Cassano / Nakamura (Free Bosman)
RM - Nasri (£11 Mill) / Arteta (£9.75 Mill)
AM - Kaka (£42.5 Mill) / Raul Garcia (£15.25) / Guti
FC - Robinho / Soldado (Loan Retun)
FC - Van Nistelrooy / Klose (Free Bosman) / Raul

Hopefully now with the additoon of Klose and Kaka to my team my 3rd season should end with a title. I do reccomend Soldado though as a striker got me 25 Goals in his season after he come back form loan.

For Gago I added him thru editor mode bcz Real signed him during January so i set him to come then for 20 mill which they paid for him. I try to keep my football manager up to date so i use editor mode...along with these i did the Man U signings and also the chelsea ones, and also other major ones.

M

·
0 Posts
Currently playing as Newcastle, I'm thinking about signing Eastwood or Ronan Vine from Luton. Can anybody tell me which is better??

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
ManUnited10 said:
Currently playing as Newcastle, I'm thinking about signing Eastwood or Ronan Vine from Luton. Can anybody tell me which is better??
I havent signed either of those players, but I remember eastword always scoring against me, although im not sure how he will cope in the premiership.

If you can get Lita off Reading he seems to do the business in the premiership (well against me anyway)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
No one signed me up yet? you may have trouble with a WP though and will have to ship me off to Belgium or something to avoid it all haha

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am managing Notts Forest at the moment only played a few games but i have sold Scott Dobie 4 £1m and Bought Jon Stead off Sunderland for just short of £2m he's played 2 and he scored 3 so hes started well.

When i managed United ( i started again because was finding it boring with the old squad so am now up dating it on edit mode :) ) i bought Raul Garcia (att mid) from Osasuna and also Bought a goalkeeper as VDS as age against him but if you want a goalkeeper i suggest Carlos Kameni (Espanyol) also Vedron Corluka is a gd up and coming player

1 - 20 of 29 Posts