Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see this bit of news anywhere so i've posted it:
Football mourns manager Greaves

Ian Greaves, a former member of Manchester United's Busby Babes and manager of five league clubs, has died at the age of 76.

Greaves spent seven years on the staff at Old Trafford before beginning his managerial career with Huddersfield.

But he achieved his greatest success by guiding Bolton Wanderers to promotion to the First Division in 1977-78.

"Ian was a great manager and a fantastic person to work alongside," said Bolton director Des McBain.

"He helped develop players like Sam Allardyce, Peter Reid, Mickey Walsh, Neil Whatmore and a gang of others and always remained a fan of the football club."

After leaving Bolton, Greaves had shorter spells in charge at Oxford and Wolves before taking over at Mansfield Town.

He enjoyed further success with the Stags, who won promotion in 1986 and then lifted the Freight Rover Trophy at Wembley the following year after beating Bristol City on penalties.

Current Mansfield chairman Andrew Perry also paid tribute to Greaves.

"Ian will go down in history at Field Mill for what he achieved with us," he told the club's website
Source: BBC Sport

Pay your respects to an Ex-Man Utd player & member of the Busby babes who was fortunate enough not to be involved in the Munich air disaster.

May he Rest In Peace. :(

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Stephen said:
RIP.

He was manager at Bolton for a successful period.

Minute silence at the Bolton v United game?
If we don't I'll be very dissapointed with us as a club.

RIP.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Stephen said:
RIP.

He was manager at Bolton for a successful period.

Minute silence at the Bolton v United game?
I'd expect nothing less, both clubs shouldn't have any hesitation to it. RIP Ian.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
RIP Ian Greaves.

My thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones.

I hope he receives a great welcome on the other side......

Numquam Moribimur

1 - 12 of 12 Posts