Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I've met a few, Giggs was my best experience, meeting the legend was unbelievable. I will cherish that day forever. Gary Pallister and Keano were with him aswell, I think it was some form of benefit dinner party. I didn't get chance to talk to Keano though. I was around 14 at the time.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I've met a few, Giggs was my best experience, meeting the legend was unbelievable. I will cherish that day forever. Gary Pallister and Keano were with him aswell, I think it was some form of benefit dinner party. I didn't get chance to talk to Keano though. I was around 14 at the time.
That's so awesome. Thanks for completely shitting on mine. :p

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Quite a few, yes.

The most important memory, however, was meeting Vasques and Jesus Correia, both true legenda of our club and country, both part of the Five Violins, which was our offensive line during the 40s and early 50s, and they were given that nickname because of the way their football was in sinch with each other.
Imagine meeting Sir Bobby Charlton, that's pretty much what I felt.
Those 2 gentlemen, unfortunately, are no longer with us, having both left in 2003.
:rip_1:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
yeah...I met Nemanja Vidic when he was Red Star's player.Also I spoke with him last time in february 08 whan he was on international duty with Serbia before friendly game against Macedonia in Skopje.It was in some Belgrade's club.I have to say that he is a very nice guy.

Also,maybe 10 years ago,I use to play football for some Belgrade's lower league clubs.Once we played a friendly match against OFK Beograd.Their best player was Slobodan Rajkovic who is now Chelsea player on loan at Twente.What a rock:eek:.Im pleased that I had this honour to play against him.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
well ive met a few leicester players but just like in clubs in town and normally they get ripped by my mate

also back at home my next door neighbor used to play for leicester and others not too sure on who though its been a long time since i asked, i think he may of also had a few caps for scotland but this is way back in the 50's, 60's a man by the name of bobby roberts

Leicester City FC - The Blue Army from the Leicester Mercury*:*Roberts, Bobby

yeah its a leicester city thing but hes a genuinely nice bloke and helped me a lot with football over the years and now works for newcastle as a scout (well according to that link anyway) and he also told me many a story about playing against united and best, charlton and law etc

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
where to begin.....Some have been a brief hello, some have been good conversations..... Roy Keane, Niall Quinn, Robbie Keane and Staunton, Ray Houghton, Trevor Steven, Chris Waddle, Lineker, Marty O'Neill, Dmitri Kharine, Desailly, Carr, Cunningham, John Aldridge. thats all I can think of this morning.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've met a Blackpool reserve player, a few players from Ebbsfleet United and got chatting to a Blackburn Rovers academy player on the train once.

So no one really. Lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i've met alot of the Hearts and Hibs first team players in clubs here in Edinburgh. also met Mcgeady, mcdonald and odea of celtic on a night out - mcgeady even gave me £30 to go ahead of me in the Q at a bar once!

im mates with alot of the hibs youngsters especially scott smith who will be in teh hibs first team soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts