Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I personally would love a dominate attacking midfielder to play in the middle of the park. Like Kaka but NOT Kaka. I don't know. Anybody know of any decent central attacking midfielders going around? THere seems to be a skills shortage in that area. DOes anyone else get the feeling that there seems to be more defensive midfielders around than ever? In the African Cup of Nations almost all the teams were playing with two defensive midfielders in the center. Inter often play Cambiasso/Viera. Bayern sometimes play Ze Roberto/Van Bommel. If Flamini's wages weren't so high Juve were willing to buy him which I guess means they were going to play Sissoko/Flamini. Heck even Real and Barca have their defensive midfielders now and remember these are two teams who believe the word defence is a filthy thing that should only be uttered when there is no other choice. I'm growing weary of defensive midfielders. In fact I'm going to do something about it.

I am starting THE CAMPAIGN TO BRING BACK THE ATTACK!!! Please speak up if you also feel there are too many defensive midfielders. I don't hate them but football is moving towards defense every day, even as we speak.The problem is, it's a game. What's the point of winning if you can't get a crowd on their feet while doing so? Where have the amazing attacking midfielders gone? Scholes, Zidane are old and/or retired. Kaka is one, Van De Vaart, Diego. Help me hunt for others. Suggest them, please.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.