Manchester United Talk banner

For Fergie ... What A Guy !!!

1K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  versa 
#1 ·

I started this thread especially for Mr Ferguson,
He has a thankless task. United manager, lol....
who needs that huh ?

But he has done it for 23 years now - FOR US !!

Has any other manager won as much as he has with United ?

No they haven't, he is the best of the best !

He coaches the team, he picks the team and he makes the tactics for them !

He's not perfect, but he is as close as you can get I think !

He has to take gambles from time to time ...

If they work he is a hero ... if they fail, he is useless !

It's a fine line he walks ... but he walks that line straight and true for 23 years
now !

This week I saw soooo many posts bad mouthing Fergie - and I was furious to be
honest ... you can all say what you like here - within the rules - but to say Fergie
got it wrong tactically in Spain was ridiculous !!

He was only half way through the job for Gooness sake !! He has now completed
that particular task ... so what do you all think of him now ?

Oh yes he's a hero now isn't he ?

He got it all wrong at Chelsea too, apparently...

Personally I think he was so unlucky there ... it is so sad his plan just failed ...
with a mere 4 minutes remaining ... :(

To go to the Bridge and 'nick' the Prem League from under Chelsea's noses would
have been a miracle - and but for that penalty decsion, he almost did it WHILST
RESTING 4 OF OUR TOP STARS !!!!

Fergie is a master of his trade ! He has been where no one else has been with
United ... and he has done it for 23 years :eek: I think everyone should show
their appreciation and write a few words for him here ...

He is The 'Real Deal' ... 'The Real Special One ...'

To us anyway ...

We'll never see the like of him again !!!

See less See more
#4 ·
Dear Fergie,

Congratulations for your second CL Final!! And thank you for bringing us to a trip to Moscow with you and the team, and for keeping our Double dream alive. :)

And this happens just when some of us thought you somehow may have lost the plot a bit in some games. No offence, Sir. We were just being honest and genuinely concerned for the club we love. I, myself, have been a United fan since the FA Cup Final in 1977. So I am sure you would understand. ;)

All the best from us. And may you lead us wisely to another hat trick of victories to seal the precious Double. :)

Yours faithfully...

#6 ·
versa said:
Dear Fergie,

Congratulations for your second CL Final!! And thank you for bringing us to a trip to Moscow with you and the team, and for keeping our Double dream alive. :)

And this happens just when some of us thought you somehow may have lost the plot a bit in some games. No offence, Sir. We were just being honest and genuinely concerned for the club we love. I, myself, have been a United fan since the FA Cup Final in 1977. So I am sure you would understand. ;)

All the best from us. And may you lead us wisely to another hat trick of victories to seal the precious Double. :)

Yours faithfully...
OMG!!! 1977... I'm not out yet mate...
Sounds like a love letter to some beloved... :D

True enough Sir, your guidance over the 23 years for the club have proven that you are the special one in the hearts of every Manchester United supporter. 3 matches to go... Bring us the Double...

Only one United...
Manchester United

#7 ·
Nice speech carly, but like i stated in another thread Constructive criticism is a compassionate attitude towards the person qualified for criticism is intending to uplift the other person materially, morally, emotionally or spiritually in which good managers appreciate

#8 ·
SAF - you deserve to win everything there is to win!

Thank you sir.

I have to be honest: Moments before scholesy scored with that wonderful strike, I was just ripping Sir Alex for starting him.

But then again, I would have ripped GOD for starting JESUS!

Once again, I realize know NOTHING! :D

#9 ·
Carly there is a lot of difference between bad mouthing and constructive criticism , we as paying supporters have the right to criticise through the correct channels , like these forums.
I for one have never questioned the fact that he is the best manager that ever lived , but even he makes mistakes , he certainly has never got everything right.
We as supporters take losing very badly , if you was happy with uniteds performance at chelsea well good?, but most reds like me were not we only got back into the game thanks to a gift from carvalho and tactically fergie messed it up.
Anyway i was at he game last night , i was nerve wracking and too pretty , but we have been in this situation before where we played well and blew it.
so it refreshing to see we were not at our best in the two games against barca , but got through.
One for fergie the best manager ever lived viva alex

#12 ·
a thread to salute fergie......
and the reason is because some guys had been bad mouthing him after the chelsea and barca match....
sorry carly, but i dun think your reason does any justice to fergie.

fergie himself deserves a course to study how he could be the manager of utd for 20 odd years and at the same time remains successful all the while.

#17 ·
I LOVE Sir Alex and I never thought the tactics was wrong in either games against Barca away or Chelsea away but I did and still do believe that the choice of the team vs Chelsea was wrong (could of been better) and did cost us the game and in the process now Rooney is injured hence he did save the wrong player imo...I still do believe the fact that the best player at the moment could of played 90 mins vs Chelsea away and Barca home...yes he 'almost' managed it but we 'almost' did heaps of things in the past decade like we 'almost' got Ronaldinhio or we 'almost' got into the Final of the CL last season and etc..

All in all, good thread and I can see why you were ticked off at all the negativity...for me his tactics was spot on but choice of players could of been better?

#19 ·
versa said:
Dear Fergie,

Yours faithfully...
Interesting , I'm a 77' er myself and it sounds like we both think alike on the "United way" of playing.

#21 ·
i have doubted him time and again . many of his team selections leave me scratching my head . once in a while he mucks up royally . the great thing is the vast majority of the time his tactics are spot on .

he has bigger balls than me thats for sure . anyone claiming they never doubt him for a minute is talking out of their botties .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.