Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motherwell captain and midfielder Phil O'Donnell died today after collapsing during his side's 5-3 win over Dundee United.

When something like this happens football doesnt seem all important, put's it all into context of how irrelevant anyones results are today.

A very very sad day for everyone connected with football.

Sincere condolances and sympathy to his wife, family and friends and to all at Motherwell FC..

R.I.P = Phil O'Donnell 1972-2007

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Terrible news, Motherwell were doing so well this season aswel and he was a big reason for it!

R.I.P. Condolences to his family

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle autumn's rain.

Do not stand at my grave and mourn.
I am the dew-flecked grass at dawn.
Where tranquil oceans meet the land
I am the footprints in the sand
To guide you through the weary day.
I am still here; I'll always stay.

When you wake up to morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there; I did not die.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Celtic asked for their game v Rangers to be postponed because of this, and the SFA agreed.

Other SPL teams, Dundee United for example (the team that was on the same pitch O'Donnell collapsed on) asked for their game to be postponed as the players aren't in fit state to play a game so soon. What did the SFA say? No, you and the rest play your games. Just shows how the FA's favourite the top teams.

Anyway, Did anyone see all the tribute stuff the fans had layed down outside the stadium? There was soo much of it, it was very nice to see.

R.I.P :(

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This is such a tragedy and is desperately sad news. This seems to be happening more and more as we saw with Puerta of Sevilla.
R.I.P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts