Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should the main problem for ManUtd..Why can't we be something like Aston Villa..Totally respect Martin O'neill for what he's doing with the club...He build the club base on English player....ManUtd now have a great squad but our club are load of foreign player...The current Englishman in the first eleven we now right, Carrick, Brown, Neville, Rooney, Rio but not concluded the youth player...But why can't we build a english base lcub

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Mr United said:
This should the main problem for ManUtd..Why can't we be something like Aston Villa..Totally respect Martin O'neill for what he's doing with the club...He build the club base on English player....ManUtd now have a great squad but our club are load of foreign player...The current Englishman in the first eleven we now right, Carrick, Brown, Neville, Rooney, Rio but not concluded the youth player...But why can't we build a english base lcub
welcome to the forum lad

but that for a 1st post was rather ridiculous :p the fact is that some of the english talent is int there to be challenging for trophies just using English players!

Z

·
0 Posts
Mr United said:
We do have a club with an English base. You just mentioned five first team players, that's almost half of the team. Then there are the ones you missed out, Paul Scholes, Owen Hargreaves. We also have plenty of British players like O'Shea, Fletcher, , Giggs, etc.

In the reserves/youth we have Welbeck, Lee Martin, James Chester, Ben Amos, Richard Eckersley, Matty James, Fraizer Campbell, Tom Cleverley etc.

Have you ever even looked at our squad? :confused:

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
FTR :
Villa honours in last 10 years........
Intertoto Cup-2001

If you want to be picky and go a bit further,they won the Leauge Cup in 94 & 96

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Mr United said:
Which is more important to me? An english base or a quality United team....hmmmmm a toughie.:rolleyes:

If you like Villa so much and don't like United policy then you really don't deserve the title of 'Mr United'.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
-zuco- said:
We do have a club with an English base. You just mentioned five first team players, that's almost half of the team. Then there are the ones you missed out, Paul Scholes, Owen Hargreaves. We also have plenty of British players like O'Shea, Fletcher, , Giggs, etc.

In the reserves/youth we have Welbeck, Lee Martin, James Chester, Ben Amos, Richard Eckersley, Matty James, Fraizer Campbell, Tom Cleverley etc.

Have you ever even looked at our squad? :confused:
the funny thing isouuta the big four we probably have the most amount of english players also you could count flech and JOS to the list too seen as they came through our youth system :rolleyes:

·
Registered
542 Posts
i would love to see people backing and encouraging english players.. because we have some gems in england squad in my opinion.

i just think we need more to spread out the premirship. the spanish la liga is what we need to aspire too they have sooo many of there own countries race for each club with one or 2 different ones.

but with english (for us)

i think it all comes down to the roots... i think the negetivity we have in this country is too much for any youth to produce any good standards... there confidence is cut of before they even get to the football.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
If there was a foreign limit then some teams like Arsenal and Chelsea would have been playing in the championship

btw if we look at our team we can notice that we only have two english forward three midfielders and three defenders with one goalie which equals 9 players
Rooney-Wellbeck-Hargreaves-Carrick-Scholes-Brown-Neville-Rio-Foster
compared to other big 4 teams we have the most english players and we have the largest number of english starters
and its a good number that now in the epl we have no foreign limit and still we have a decent number of english players
and in other leagues like the La liga were they have a foreign limit their top teams have less spanish players than we have english players

so i think we have a good number of english players in our team and we with westham and villa are one of the teams that have the most number of british players in the epl

tho am disappointed that our academy is producing 0 decent english players

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We already have a discussion about English players.

Basically the English players aren't good enough imho. And actually, in football nowadays in any country I think you need to have some foreign stars in the team as well as local players.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Whats with the Barca pic on your avatar as you are complaining about more English players? Seems contradictory to me :rolleyes:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
teams in spain have foreign limit tho they don't have more than 6 or 7 spainiards

look at shitty barca about only 7 spanish players only :rolleyes:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I personally like Bojan Krkic !! He's a quality player...You can't argue with that !!
ManUtd still my beloved CLUB....Only like this player thou.....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Mr United said:
Ironically, your English is terrible and your avatar is of a Barcelona player, 'Mr United'.

If you looked, as has been said, we have many English and British players.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
We probably have more English / British / Irish players in our squad then any of the other top teams to be fair... how many Spanish players have Real and Barca got in their starting line ups? We have a pretty good base of talent from britain and Ireland...
Foster, Neville, Brown, Rio, Evans, O'Shea, (Eckersly), Hargreaves, Fletcher, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Wellbeck... I'm prob missing some1... this fairs much better than
Liverpool:
Carragher, Gerrard, ... ?? have they any others?!
Chelsea:
Terry, Lampard, J Cole, C Cole, ...
Arsenal: Walcott...

Villa have a couple of decent and a a couple of v mediocre English players... nothing to celebrate in my opinion despite how well they are doing this year!

In fact if it is Englands national team that you are worried about we are far more beneficial to England than Villa, we have more international quality and are playing more high profile games so us having Carrick, Rio, Brown, and Rooney (Englands best player by a long way) this is surely a lot more important to England then Barry (second rate cover for midfield), Young (potentially a top player) and Agbonlahor (potential undoubted)... cos altho you say they are built on English players none of the rest bar Heskey would get anywhere near the England side!!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Mr United said:
Why would we want to be something like Aston Villa? We`re Manchester United, more than happy to be ;)
end of.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts