Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...theres more left this season including two massive games with Arsenal and a nail biting end to the League.

Lets look ahead. Most importnat thing is that this result doesn't affect the team and how we go from now till May....

WE'LL NEVER DIE

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
exactly........congratulations to everton....if there is one team who probably deserve it other than us its them....good luck to them in the final......we have now got bigger things to concentrate on!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
World club cup winners carling cup winners semi final of the fa cup semi final of the champions league to of the prem!
Lads anybody who says at the start of season they would't have taken that is a liar!
**** it anybody would give alot to be in our postions this season! Head up
we'll never die we'll never die we'll jkeep that red flag flying high becuase man united will never die!!

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Ferguson clearly wanted to rest players, and give youngsters a chance, and 120 minutes of football against a pretty solid side is a good test. Unfortunately, that also meant a lot of the players that I'd wager practice penalties weren't there, and Howard had 2 great saves.

I also think it's quite clear at this stage that SAF considered this game and competition the most expendible, and I have to agree with him. You need to make though choices, and getting to Wembley would mean one more though game to play, in a season that has already had plenty of those, and it's gonna have more still.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
boy, i'm so glad to see this thread when i come on, as opposed to "x should be sold, y doesn't care"
well played to everton, they held their nerve when it counted and i hope they beat chelsea.
it was the risk we took by setting out with that team. they were great in normal time, but i always felt there weren't enough penalty takers in the side.
that's the way it goes, keep going, onto portsmouth and hopefully two more trophies

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
exactly........congratulations to everton....if there is one team who probably deserve it other than us its them....good luck to them in the final......we have now got bigger things to concentrate on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, too. They took down liverpool and Villa, and I think the season they had, with the limitations in the squad, and the ammount of injuries, they definitely deserve a trophy this year.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I'd rather be knocked out by Everton then Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool....:whistling:

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
yeah it wernt to be, i think the youngsters can hold there heads high though, after all they played well against a top 6 team with there first team on the field. the future looks good for united for sure

and some important players got a much needed rest so we have fresh legs when it comes to Portsmouth

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Well said Keano..!:thumbsup:
Exactly some people need to cop on a bit, there's some awful idiots on the matchday thread but anyway.. We lost on penalties today, that's the way football goes.. You win some you lose some.. We should have won it in normal time IMO, but like you said we have more important things to concentrate on now..
Keep the Faith, we'll win the League and winning the Champions League would be a Huge Bonus..!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
id just like to say congrats to the youngster's today who stood up and were counted and showed some of our more established players up too!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
id just like to say congrats to the youngster's today who stood up and were counted and showed some of our more established players up too!
exactly...everyone is pointing out the negative when actually for a number of youngsters today wasn't a disaster and they did a decent job, many more experienced sides have lost such games in the 90 minutes

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
exactly...everyone is pointing out the negative when actually for a number of youngsters today wasn't a disaster and they did a decent job, many more experienced sides have lost such games in the 90 minutes
oh yeah like i said before they stood there ground against a top 6 side playing there first team. they just had a problem putting the ball in the net really i dont think the delivery was there today but it will come, they can be proud

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
yeah eaxctly! basicly our third string team drew over 90th minutes with a team that's 6th in the prem!the fact is of the 11 that stared today only what 3 were over the age of 25! the future is bright! we lost on penalties thats the way it goes! we deserved to win and im gutted we didn't but thats the way it goes!that's football

and if anybody deserves to get to the final its Everton and Moyes who has done some great work down there!

keep the head up boys look at the season we are having we've already won 2 trphies and can win 2 more !

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Erm.. I don't think we should forget that game.

A lot of youngsters anounced themselves to the world today and didn't look second best against a team full of seasoned Premiership veterans.

We didn't win, but the way those teenagers played is filling me up with a lot of hope for the ruture!

I will remember this game.

Oh yeah....and we also learned that Berbatov shouldn't take important penalties!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Erm.. I don't think we should forget that game.

A lot of youngsters anounced themselves to the world today and didn't look second best against a team full of seasoned Premiership veterans.

We didn't win, but the way those teenagers played is filling me up with a lot of hope for the ruture!

I will remember this game.

Oh yeah....and we also learned that Berbatov shouldn't take important penalties!
RFR, great post - You don't even know how much it helps to read a post like this at the moment

1 - 20 of 23 Posts