Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Ferguson clearly wanted to rest players, and give youngsters a chance, and 120 minutes of football against a pretty solid side is a good test. Unfortunately, that also meant a lot of the players that I'd wager practice penalties weren't there, and Howard had 2 great saves.

I also think it's quite clear at this stage that SAF considered this game and competition the most expendible, and I have to agree with him. You need to make though choices, and getting to Wembley would mean one more though game to play, in a season that has already had plenty of those, and it's gonna have more still.

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
exactly........congratulations to everton....if there is one team who probably deserve it other than us its them....good luck to them in the final......we have now got bigger things to concentrate on!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, too. They took down liverpool and Villa, and I think the season they had, with the limitations in the squad, and the ammount of injuries, they definitely deserve a trophy this year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.