Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Well I'd class Nani and Anderson as forwards. On top of that we have Rooney, Ronaldo,Giggs and of course ever reliable Smithy. Saha is still here and on his day is class and Ole has got 1 more season in him. Do we need an out and and out center forward when all these are capable of getting into double figures. Remember when van the man was playing and scoring 30 a season our flare and imaginative play suffered. So I'd be happy going into next season with what we've got after all only 11 can play at any one time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Doesn't look like united are going to make any more signings but Anderson can play up front aswell so mabye we don't need a striker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
HeroHeinze said:
We Have Dong Fangzhou, He Will Be A Great Goalscorer, I Think Top Two At The End Of Premiership Season
Strange prediction there. Either you are Chinese or you know nothing about Man United.

There is now talk of bringing in Anelka. At £8 million you cant go too wrong. He is a pretty decent striker. Quick and strong and a great finisher. If we dont have £15/20 mil to spend on the big guns then he could be a great buy for us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
HeroHeinze said:
We Have Dong Fangzhou, He Will Be A Great Goalscorer, I Think Top Two At The End Of Premiership Season
R u serious???? I hope ur taken the hand! I agree with Jazz on it matter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Dong doesn't have what it takes at the moment to play in the premiership, he's a bit too fragile. You could see he struggled with the Chelsea defence, we're looking to retain the premiership and by the looks of our early spending have a proper go at europe too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Dong as just a tool. he never was and never will be a good striker. don't count on him. and forget about smith and saha. i don't think they will stay in manchester.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
md92h said:
Dong as just a tool. he never was and never will be a good striker. don't count on him. and forget about smith and saha. i don't think they will stay in manchester.
Firstly, Never doubt SAF, he signed Dong cause he could see his future with Man utd. Secondly, Smith is a dedicated United player, E.G. FA cup, got his medal, went up to our supporters and kissed the medal with Honour. Smith is also a great player. HE IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

Saha, Injury prone but when he plays, he plays really well.

We might need another striker, Huntelaar has changed his mind, recently after are triple signings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
As mentioned i would't mind Anelka....Fergie's next job is to create a Cole/Yorke partnership and everything else at the moment is fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Billz187 said:
As mentioned i would't mind Anelka....Fergie's next job is to create a Cole/Yorke partnership and everything else at the moment is fine.
I don't think he would fit in to the team straight away, and then, his age is only going up. Not just anyone can play Man utd style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
I think anelka is a good goal scorer & any player with ronaldo,rooney,giggs,scholes,anderson & Nani will fight for the top goal scoring award.

Ronaldo is not a high class goal scorer but he scored 20+ goals while anelka who`s just scored for france yesterday is a high class, think about it & don`t worry about adapting he will be ok since he played too much in EPL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
Q8MANU said:
I think anelka is a good goal scorer & any player with ronaldo,rooney,giggs,scholes,anderson & Nani will fight for the top goal scoring award.

Ronaldo is not a high class goal scorer but he scored 20+ goals while anelka who`s just scored for france yesterday is a high class, think about it & don`t worry about adapting he will be ok since he played too much in EPL
He's not getting any younger, and not worth the money, we could get someone alot better. As for scoring for France, big woop. Most teams can score past Ukraine. So pick any International player that has scored past Ukraine and he'll do.
Thats what you are saying. If not, then please explain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
like $8m for 2-3 years it is worth. we all know the abilities of anelka what we need is a well experianced striker & what the EPL needs is fast,strong & inteligent player we can find this in anelka.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
He might have the ability, but how long will his speed be there, thats what happend with ruud. He was slowing us down on our counter attacks, costing us goals. We need a young striker, e.g. 23-28 year old. 8M for 2-3 years.Not worth it. As everyone has been sying it. We need a 30 goal a season player. How many has he got in previous seasons?????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
What a striker need is chances a team which creates chances he scored 11 with bolton last season he would have scored more than the double with united
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top