Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That display of Ben Foster against Derby seemed too good. Being out of the action for almost an year but still being able to produce top notch saves was a measure of his quality.

I think Foster should our no 1 ahead of Van Der Sar. He should be given a chance to realize his fantastic potential. After all the guy waited two years before making a Man Utd debut. Funny he made his England debut before his man Utd debut.

He might be the answer for England's goalkeeping worries. What do you people think?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I agree to come back and produce a preformance like that shows sheer class.
Im sure come next year he will be much more on Fergies mind i dont think he will replace VDS yet.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
more games for us, and we can judge more fairly..
he showed good potential in the game he played, against derby, but only time will tell whether he is united material.

·
Registered
68 Posts
He'll get better with time, sure he was picking up MOFTM awards on loan even though he was conceding 3 or 4 goals

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I think Foster will have to settle for being our no.2 next season. He'll play in some cup games and possibly in the Champions League group stage if/when qualification is assured.

VDS is coming to the end of his career so if he is not our first choice he will leave. I don't think Fergie will want that. VDS has performed very well for us this season and there's life in the old dog yet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Foster is definetly the no.1 of the future, VDS is the number 1 at the moment and it would be mad to replace him at this stage of the season.
correct me if im wrong but before foster got injured didnt fergie want to send kuszczack out on loan and have foster compete with VDS for the no. 1?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Foster was excellent and will be our no.1 keeper in the future no dobut about it. Atm I would rather send VDS to the Nou Camp and I believe VDS should be our no.1 because of his age and experience and he has done an excellent job this season as well as last season. Foster will also be the new english no.1 imo but we should also wait for him to play some more games before we make a call on if he should replace VDS now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
future keepers......

i know that united have another 2 years left out of edwin van der sar but after he retires who will be the next number 1 i personaly thing it would be ben foster because he is consistant but he hasnt been seen much due to a knee oporation i think the problem with kuszczak is that, yes he is capable of making some great saves but he isnt consistant and his positioning is terrible watch him in a game and his positioning will be all over.

BEN FOSTER ALL THE WAY :)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Been done to death this.

Foster number 1, with Koo behind him.

Foster will have improved and matured loads by then, especially with working with someone like Edwin day in day out.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
fosters the man trust me, i saw him live a lot last year i'd say there was only edwin better ... obviously cech was injured a lot, but yeah he'll be the next number 1

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I say we buy a new keeper. He has to be world class too like VDS is with heaps of experience especially on the big stage (Internationals and Europe). Ben and Tomas can be good backups imo

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
foster all the way IMO......great goalie and has time in his hands .....
by the time VDS retires i hope he would have given training to foster and kuszczak.........
but i pick foster and then PIG as sub

1 - 20 of 23 Posts