Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster is open to being farmed out on loan again as he looks to regain full fitness after a serious knee injury.

The former Watford loanee damaged cruciate knee ligaments last summer and has not played all season.

However, Foster is back in full training with The Red Devils and is pencilled in for a reserve clash within the next few weeks.

Foster has not discussed a fresh loan with United, but does not see the harm in playing first-team football between now and the summer.

"There have been no discussions," he told Sky Sports News. "I've not heard what's going to happen with me this season. I'm just taking things one step at a time.

"I'm pencilled in to play my first reserve team match in a weeks' time. I'll talk to the coaches then and see what they choose to do.

"If the chance to go out on loan comes along then that could only be good playing week-in, week-out. I don't see what harm could come from that."

Foster is currently well down United's pecking order following his lengthy injury and the 24-year-old is not expecting to feature between the sticks for Sir Alex Ferguson this season.

"I'm not expecting to play this season. I can't expect to be put in ahead of anyone at this stage of the season," he continued.

"At the start of the season when I found out about the injury I pretty much wrote the season off. Edwin's been in fantastic form this season.

"I'd love to play. I feel as though I'm ready to go. I've been training for three or four weeks now and I feel good physically. The knee feels good."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts