Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ginger ninja has turned into franz beckenbaur in the last few weeks .

he is sitting just in front of the back four and has become a revalation all over again .

the sweeper is reborn !!!!

he was superb today just picking it up and passing along . its as if they have sussed he hasnt the legs anymore to cover 11 km a game so are using his vision .

i thought he was a dead man walking earlier in the season but now i feel he deserves another 2 years

·
Registered
590 Posts
Scholesy has had to adapt his game recently, similarly to the way Roy Keane had to back in '03. Paul has a great footballing brain and realises that quite a few players now have the legs on him, but what they don't have is his superb vision and ability.

While Scholes isn't exactly a box-to-box player anymore, he still has the ability to be a vital squad player for us. He won't be able to play every game now, but is still a vital member of the squad.

You need to look no further than the semi-final second leg v Barca, Scholes was instrumental that night and helped drive United onto a famous victory, with a stunning strike.

While he isn't scoring as many goals now due to the fact that he isn't going forward as much as he used to, and he isn't covering as many miles as he used to, he is still playing a vital role at our club and his experience is vital.

For the likes of Anderson to be able to learn from Scholes is priceless, and I would love the ginger price to be around for another 1 or 2 seasons after this one.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
haggler said:
the ginger ninja has turned into franz beckenbaur in the last few weeks .

he is sitting just in front of the back four and has become a revalation all over again .

the sweeper is reborn !!!!

he was superb today just picking it up and passing along . its as if they have sussed he hasnt the legs anymore to cover 11 km a game so are using his vision .

i thought he was a dead man walking earlier in the season but now i feel he deserves another 2 years
I agree with you again.

After he first came back after his injury I too thought that was him.

But hes been fantastic in recent weeks, although he will be able to get forward more in the CL as its a slower pace, though not against Chelsea.

Finally, a CL final here he comes. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts