Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any news about the young American Freddy Adu?

Last thing I heard was that he had a 2week trial and went home leaving a very good impression on SAF.

I think that as an attacking midfielder/striker (and at the age of 17 and playing for his country) he would mature and develop into a very good man utd player.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Freddy Adu has decided to move to Real Salt Lake, a Major League Soccer club based in the US. He wants to move to Real Madrid at a later stage in his career. News reports state that he moved there because it's a club that would use him in his preferred position as an AM - attacking midfielder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The MLS is like all American sports. Adu got traded from DC United to Real Salt Lake, it doesn't neccesarily mean he wanted the move. The trade doesn't really affect our chances of signing him. Last I heard, if we move for him, we'll do it this summer. I also think he'd get a good chance to mature playing for SAF.

·
Your arms are just too short to box with God
30,116 Posts
He's currently on loan at Belenses from Benfica.....Definitely not turning out as a lot expected, but he's still only 20.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
He's 20, and he's built like a 12 year old. If he bulks up more he could be good. He actually plays quite decently on the left, but he gets all pissy.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
everyone in USA thought he will be the biggest thing to come out of there.. he has been moving clubs now and is not fulfilling his promise that people think he has.. but he is still very young yet

·
I aim to Misbehave
6,371 Posts
Is he still at Benfica? He didn't even come on against Everton if he is.

FM legend, that's about it.
Stupid move of his, coming to Portugal, especially benfica, which buy players like they're on sale. Now he's playing for a club that goes trough periodic revolutions, and is currently playing like they want to be simply prevent relegation, 8 games, 4 draws, only 4 goals scored. Adu plays regularly enough, but is only learning how to park the fecking bus.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
everyone in USA thought he will be the biggest thing to come out of there.. he has been moving clubs now and is not fulfilling his promise that people think he has.. but he is still very young yet
Literally not one single person thought he'd be bigger than Landon Donovan.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I heard good things about this guy a few years back. Seeing as the hype died down and we turned him away, he's not able to cut it at the top level.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts