Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for you... for those who actually need it.

Help end world hunger

It's totally free! Here's the concept...

1 word is posted, you have 4 choices. Pick the best that fits. If you're right, the company donates 20 grains of rice to United Nations to help end world hunger. If you're wrong, it tells you the right answer and you continue. There is no limit!

It takes an average of 15,000 grains of rice to feed 1 family for 1 night. In less than 5 minutes I donated 600 grains. It's not a meal, but it helps.

If you want to cheat - dictionary.com + copy/paste word from Freerice.com = lots of food :D

Since 7 October 2007 (53 days ago - the first day the charity started), 3,993,119,570 grains of rice have been "earned". That's 266,207 meals for a family of 4; or 1,064,831 meals :D Woo!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Cheers Zane, i just wasted 30 minutes of my life that i'll never see again. :eek:

But......I found out the real meaning of some words when i thought i knew what they meant :eek:

But, But yeah but...................Someone is better of by 8,300 grains of rice. :)

GET ON IT............NOW !!!!!!! ( AND POST ON EVERY SITE YOU GO ON ).

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
The Hunger Site

Could people also spare 1 minute of their time to click this site too please :)

They donate 1.1 cups of rice for every click on their site....

How ?

Because they have many sponsors advertising there - and all the money raised from advertising is spent on the rice......

Click-Click and someone gets to eat today :)

How can you say no :confused:

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1

Z

·
0 Posts
This is a great idea!! I've just done 1000 grains but I have to get showered and go to work now. I will do a lot more when I'm home later and I'm going to pass the website to all of my friends :)

S

·
0 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Could people also spare 1 minute of their time to click this site too please :)

They donate 1.1 cups of rice for every click on their site....

How ?

Because they have many sponsors advertising there - and all the money raised from advertising is spent on the rice......

Click-Click and someone gets to eat today :)

How can you say no :confused:

http://www.thehungersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=1

Done as well, dont forget to go back each time you log on, counts as one more click ( or just clear your cookies and click away as many times as you wish), Save your total on the first one, Both now posted on 18 more sites.... come on red FAMILY... do your bit....even if its only 10 grains of rice.....a click costs you nothing and takes a second ( it takes you the same to click to another thread ).....a click puts a spoon of food in a mouth.

Get these good projects hammered by the UNITED family, the word United is NOT just a football team name it means...U.N.I.T.E.D.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the involvement guys. Some buddies of mine and I are over 25k at work (combined). We're trying to hit 1m

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Keano4taoiseach said:
Were you talking to me directly there..........??......:D .......:eek:
Get to school lazy git :p

No you already did well here.......

Too many just read it and Urrgghhhhhhhhh.......

Can't be bothered Urrgghhhhhhhhh.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts