Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AVRAM GRANT backed Chelsea to win the Champions League after they sealed Group B top spot on a freezing night in Norway.

Didier Drogba fired a double and boss Grant said: “The Champions League is one of our targets, maybe the main target because we want to be a big club.

“One of the things to achieve is reaching the final. I hope we do it and we will do it. Hopefully this year.”

Alex and Joe Cole also scored to sink Rosenborg, who had drawn 1-1 at Stamford Bridge earlier in the season when Jose Mourinho was in charge of the Blues.

Chelsea have now scored 30 goals in 14 matches since Grant replaced the Portuguese chief in September.

Grant added: “We got goals and created a lot more chances. But the most important thing is we have qualified for the second round with one game still to play.

“That’s not bad considering we dropped two points in our first game.

“We want to play positive, attacking football and I’m very happy with what’s happened up to now.

“We’ve not just won matches but played better from game to game with good attacking football.

“We’re in the next round and also in a good position in the league.

“I was freezing, I must tell you — but I was warm in the heart.”

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
hafiz_shukri00391 said:
The Champions League is one of our targets, maybe the main target because we want to be a big club.
I think that confirms why Mourinho was sacked shortly after the home draw against Rosenborg.

There was obviously a clash of personalities between him and Abramovich too but I think his failure to win the Champions League played a huge part in it.

For Abramaovich and Kenyon to achieve the dream of becoming a big club they must win the Champions League. Otherwise they will never be in the same bracket as Real Madrid, AC Milan, Liverpool, Barcelona, Manchester United...and Nottingham Forest :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts