Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Oh balls. Friedel always seems to play a blinder against us. Hopefully he doesn't have a MOTM performance when we take on Villa.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Friedel red card recinded, why do United not appeal for Rooney?

It seems that the Premier League have recinded Brad Friedel's red card today, so he is available to play United next month. Why won't United appeal for Rooney's red card against Fulham?

It seems that we don't appeal when it comes to our players receiving red cards, or do the Premier League wave us off because they know we have a bigger squad than any other team in the league?

Should United contact the FA Premier League and get Rooney's red card recinded? We've heard nothing about it and besides, it was clear to all of us that Rooney threw the ball in an aggressive way, not towards the referee, but to where the free kick was meant to be taken from, so that the game could continue?

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You cant appeal if its 2 yellows, you can only appeal straight reds....
also, we have a thread on this somewhere. Ill merge them up.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It comes as no surprise the fa do whatever they can to hamper us , no worries lets hope he gets a bad back picking the ball out of the net , that will teach him

·
Registered
15 Posts
rooney deserved to get sent off. granted he was annoyed that the referee was slowing the game down by having the kick taken from the proper place, but he hurled the ball as hard as he could towards where the ref was standing. this may also have been where the free kick was to be retaken, but no man u player was near.

rooney's a player who play with his heart on his sleeve and he was frustrated that his side were losing an important match. he's had a history of having a short fuse (although he had matured a huge amount over the past few seasons) but on saturday he just lost it for a second. it's good to have a player like that on your team, who wants to win everything and shows that they really care. but at the same time you can't try and create excuses when they do something in the heat of the moment.

i personally don't understand why rooney didn't start the game. he was the only player to emerge from the liverpool match with any credit and perhaps if he had played the full 90 minutes then united would have won and then no-one would be talking about united and there players cracking up.

also you can't appeal two yellows.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
He's an important player for Villa, no question of that but no matter the players we have to win, in order to not loose any more ground to Liverpool in the title race. I voted for Chelsea to be our biggest threat, and now i'm realy surprised i'm wrong. Unfortunately Liverpool prooved me wrong, and let's all hope United will win against Villa and get back on track, the UNITED way!!!

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Damn :thumbsdownsmileyani

I hope he doesnt pull a Blackburn against us like he did last season

But really him being there or not should not act as an excuse. Considering our peroformances over the last 2 games, it should be motivation enough for the players to get up to scratch

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
lol at people making claims that the FA are biased.

When Liverpool won the penalty, most people said it was harsh, but now all of a sudden it was a stone-wall red card? Double standards.

And no, **** Rooney, the stupid little child.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
Friedal ban rescinded

Becomes the latest in a long list of players having cards overturned in time to play us :rolleyes:

na, he shouldn't have been sent off, but i always say when i see a player get a red before he plays us that it will be overturned. john terry got it this season too if i remember rightly.

just gives us more excuse to believe the world is against us.
hopefully, we'll beat them anyway :eek:

·
Registered
590 Posts
The only good thing to come out of the Scousers beating Villa was Friedel being suspended for our game.

He surely can't have ANOTHER top class game against us, he's bound to drop a howler sooner or later...right?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts