Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
you rate him? hes bound to be good most American keepers are :thumbsup:
Supposedly he's better than Howard, Friedel, and Meola were at his age. He'd be starting for Celtic right now if he could have gotten a work permit because they were unhappy with Boruc at the time.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
What are the odds he will don his Superman cape for the 450th time against us then?

Remember that game last season at Ewood Park? And the season before that at OT? (4-1 game)

And the penalty save from RVN?

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Someone (cant remember who) was saying he was the worst keeper in the league.
Cant comment myself as Ive never seen him play.
Whoever said that is biased against Americans or something, considering he's played one match in the league, a match in which his side were totally assraped by a bunch of dirty scousers. He was better in that game than Van der Sar was against Liverpool. I wonder if that guy thought of that? I presume not.

He kept a clean sheet in an away in the UEFA cup too which I just figured out. I'm positive Guzan will be class.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Whoever said that is biased against Americans or something, considering he's played one match in the league, a match in which his side were totally assraped by a bunch of dirty scousers. He was better in that game than Van der Sar was against Liverpool. I wonder if that guy thought of that? I presume not.

He kept a clean sheet in an away in the UEFA cup too which I just figured out. I'm positive Guzan will be class.
Fairy muff but its just what I heard.
I always like to make my own mind up and not go by what others say. Ill check him out when he plays next :thumbsup:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Apparently fergie deemed the Villa Game as much of a threat as the Porto game and he was given the option to swap,but decided not to change the fixture,hopefully the players are all back for that friday,giving us 48hrs either way now,busy weekend.... :thumbsup:

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Senior referees have written to the FA for an explanation after Aston Villa's stopper Brad Friedel's red card was rescinded after he fouled Liverpool's Fernando Torres when the Spaniard was through on goal.

The Premier League admitted the Professional Game Match Officials Board - the body that represents elite referees - has written to the FA but denied there was any "major row".

A Premier League spokesman said: "The PGMO have sought clarification from the FA on the reasons why the appeal panel found against the referee.

"Through a letter to the FA the PGMO just want to be sure to get all the detail on why the appeal panel found the way they did.

"Throughout the season you've got a number of different appeals that go forward and it's important the referees get to the bottom of precisely why the panel will have found in the way it did."

Senior referees unhappy with decision to rescind Villa keepers red | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I bet if that foul was by say a Bolton 'keeper and a West Brom keeper it wouldn't have been recinded. There have been plenty of cases just the same all season where similar things have happened and it stands as a red, now I'm not saying that they are all right or all wrong, but you can't have double standards just because its in a high profile match.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts