Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its actually pretty exciting this year. For the first time in years, Lyon arent running away with it.
Laurent Blanc's Bordeaux beat them at the weekend to leapfrog them in the table :eek:

Marseille have hit the heights again and are leading Ligue 1.
Even Makalele's PSG are in the running. Its the old school teams finally getting back to where they belong.
My team Nantes have had a good couple of weeks to steer themselves out of the relegation zone, hopefully for good.

All teams have played 32 games.
1 Marseille 64
2 Bordeaux 62
3 Lyon 60
4 PSG 59
5 Toulouse 56
6 Lille 56

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, so much interest in this thread :D
Just in case anyone is interested it looks as though Lyon WONT win the league for the first time in neraly a decade. They lie 7 points behind Marseille and Bordeaux (same games played). My team Nantes are in danger of being relegated. Currently in the bottom 3 but with the same points as 2 teams above them.

1 Marseille 68
2 Bordeaux 68
3 Lyon 61
4 PSG 60

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Guingamp won the french cup last night and are now officially my adopted team after watching it with the french lads last night who were from there :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
marseille this year has been great.. their form away from home is excellent and scored more goals and got more points than they do at home and more than anyone else in the league. the reason they are where they are.. we need a left winger so why not ben arfa.. young and great talent where he can go in and out of players like giggsy

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
There's a rumor about that Drogba might be interested in going back to Marseille if he leaves Chelsea.

Then there's another rumor saying Trezeguet is fed up of benching it & also wants to return.

They both have strong ties to the club. It's incredibly unlikely but it would be awesome if it's true.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Nº Team GP W D L Pts
1. Marseille 35 20 11 4 71
2. Bordeaux 35 21 8 6 71
3. Lyon 35 18 10 7 64
4. PSG 35 19 6 10 63

Marseille and Bordeaux are on 71 points.

Tightest finish to the French season in a while and for once Lyon isn't going to win it.

Am happy for Laurent Blanc. Would be great if he won it.

Didn't Cisse ditch Marseille for Sunderland?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I can't wait for the end-game.

Marseille
Sun, May 17 Lyon 3:00 pm EDT
Sat, May 23 at AS Nancy-Lorraine 1:00 pm EDT
Sat, May 30 Rennes 1:00 pm EDT

Bordeaux
Sat, May 16 Le Mans 1:00 pm EDT
Sat, May 23 Monaco 1:00 pm EDT
Sat, May 30 at Caen 1:00 pm EDT

Marseille definitely has the tougher schedule. If Lyon take points off Marseille, it will really hurt their title hopes. Then they finish with Rennes, who are in a nice position in the table. Having said that, Bordeaux are facing 2 relegation-fighting teams in Le Mans and Caen, while Monaco are in the middle of the table. And those two relegation-fighting team need points. I know a couple of people who are PSG fans, they grew up in Paris, and they want Marseille to lose, and I'm with them. So this weekend, I want a Marseille - Lyon draw, and Bordeaux and PSG win, moving Bordeaux to the top, and PSG into 3rd.

Allez Bordeaux!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Loath as I am to make predictions I'm going to say Bordeaux to finish as champions thus ending an era.

The first Ligue 1 to end up outside of Lyon in over 7 YEARS. That's quite something, isn't it? If it happens.

I think Marseille just have to tough a run in. If Bordeaux do finish up as champions they have two men to thank.

Blanc first & foremost. Then of course Gorcuff. I hope a big club gives him a chance.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Marseille would be my favorite French team, but it'd be nice to see Larry Blanc successful. I always loved him while he was here, and I wish we'd have signed him earlier in his career.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Loath as I am to make predictions I'm going to say Bordeaux to finish as champions thus ending an era.

The first Ligue 1 to end up outside of Lyon in over 7 YEARS. That's quite something, isn't it? If it happens.

I think Marseille just have to tough a run in. If Bordeaux do finish up as champions they have two men to thank.

Blanc first & foremost. Then of course Gorcuff. I hope a big club gives him a chance.
Well, Yoann Gourcouff is on loan there from AC Milan so if they don't loan him out next year, he's got a great chance of having some games in SERIE A - or whatever the new stupid name is

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bordeaux got a late winner to win 3-2.
They are 3 points ahead of Marseille who have a game in hand and a better GD of +1.
2 games to go for Bordeaux, 3 for Marseille. Going to the wire.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Marseille lost 1-3 at home to Lyon (Wiltord/Benzema 2, Juninho)
Bordeaux and Larry Blanc look set to win the title if they can win one of their last 2 games.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Marseille lost 1-3 at home to Lyon (Wiltord/Benzema 2, Juninho)
Bordeaux and Larry Blanc look set to win the title if they can win one of their last 2 games.
Wiltord, easily the greatest player of all time. As well as the other Juninho (the 1 not in your post)

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Well, Yoann Gourcouff is on loan there from AC Milan so if they don't loan him out next year, he's got a great chance of having some games in SERIE A - or whatever the new stupid name is
On the subject of that, is this breakaway league going to happen or is it
just hearsay?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts