Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..........when we find out if Vida will be suspended for the Champions League games. Hope not..let's all pray for Vida!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I hope our 'Wall' doesn't get suspended for such a big match. But imo Johnny can step in and fill in Vida's place. I'd just love to see 'the special one' moaning if Vidic is playing against them

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I don't see how Vidic can get suspended when quite clearly AC Milan were allowed to field a player who was red-carded in the same event.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The article I read said he will definitely be suspended for at least 1 game. It's just whether he'll be suspended for 1 or 3 since it was a straight red card.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
reddwarf said:
The article I read said he will definitely be suspended for at least 1 game. It's just whether he'll be suspended for 1 or 3 since it was a straight red card.
But there's an exactly similar case with Kalaze and Milan from 2007 final. Kalaze was allowed to play the games vs Arsenal. I've posted a thread about this a few weeks ago.
So I hope United make everything they can so Vidic can play in both the games vs Inter.

Edit: Here is the thread

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Im aware of the Kalaze incident as well but i will not be surprise if there is one rules for utd and the other for the rest. It happens lots of time before so finger crossed they close an eye for this one.

Still, with the backline we have and having rio back, im very sure we will be able to cope. Time to see Rio do some work with Evans at the back.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
be interesting to see how fergies gameplan will change depending on the outcome of this. i think if he is available fergie will set out the same plan as he did at barca away last year. but if his out it could completly switch

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
spellbound said:
But there's an exactly similar case with Kalaze and Milan from 2007 final. Kalaze was allowed to play the games vs Arsenal. I've posted a thread about this a few weeks ago.
So I hope United make everything they can so Vidic can play in both the games vs Inter.

Edit: Here is the thread
But was the rule in place stating that red cards counted for UEFA competitions in place in 2007?

Remember when Scholes and Rooney were sent off in that friendly tournament in Holland and they both got suspensions? An English club (I think it was Liverpool) had a player sent off in that tournament in a previous year but did not get suspended in the Premier League because the rule was only introduced after that. Subsequently United refused to play in the Dutch tournament again.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I think it's ludicrous, they are 2 seperate competitions, completely unfair and that cup is at the end of last years champs league comp, well thats when we qualified for it, so it shouldnt effect this years champs league.

·
Registered
141 Posts
prepare to be stitched up again this time by foreign suites rather than the grandads of the fa.Im expecting 3 games just because its utd, if it were anyone one else it would have been forgot about

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
It would be outrageous to ban him for 3 games in a competition with so few games to play, especially considering it was a pretty minor incident too. But you never know what Platini's England-hating organisation will do.

Hope he's back for the 2nd leg I just applied for a ticket to it :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
if theres an injustice served and vidic is suspended im sure there will be a positive reaction from utd too put it right on the pitch and prove we dont need favors and not even platini and his cronies can stop the red machine rolling to rome

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
i didnt see anything wrong with veda card to begin with.. the man was behind him on the floor and veda jus brushed him off with his elbow to get him out of the way. he had no intent and nothing malicious about it.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
RedForceRising said:
I don't see how Vidic can get suspended when quite clearly AC Milan were allowed to field a player who was red-carded in the same event.
Amsterdam Tournament Stevie G nothing ... Rooney and Scholes 3 game bans

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm certain he'll be getting atleast one game ban. It wouldn't surprise me if they increase it to two games. With Michel Platini as the head of Uefa I don't think any decisions against English teams should be of any surprise especially against United.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
We will see, tho no suspensions should alarm us.
Remember guys, we have got what`s called depth in our squad ;):)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts