Manchester United Talk banner

Future Pundit?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen them come from other teams.

Hanson and Lawro from Liverpool, Shearer from the Toon the most notable, but
do you see any United players making it as a pundit on some TV station in the
future?

We've seen Schmeichel and Irwin progress well in the area....

So who sticks out to you as a future analyst on the box?

(Poll might be added later...)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
It would be brilliant to hear Keano's perspective on a match.

Somebody might have to have a censorship buzzer hand though :D

Rio might make a good pundit. He's knowledgeable, is outspoken and enjoys a laugh.

Rooney would be the worst choice - no one would understand him. Maybe that's why Colleen married him - she can't understand a damn word. :)

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rooney analysing a goal by Ronaldo on SS1....

"He sort of took it in his stride....and ya know......em..it was li-chh (like) magic
the...ya know.....teh way he scored in the end really...*scratches his forehead*.....

:p...lol......Such a great character! BTW, that was made up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Gary Neville has dabbled a bit before I think so it wouldnt suprise me if he was a pundit one day, he'd make a good one I reckon.
Neville is probably the best pundit material out of our current squad come to think of it, maybe Rio would be good too.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Neville is one of the worst pundits i've ever seen!
lol was about to say that..remember seeing him a few times when he's been injured and they've brought him in to do a bit of punditry-no offence was the most boring,nervy and not particularly insightful bit of tv i've ever seen.
the guy is a legend and can motivate and talk to other players like no other, but being on tv is a totally different thing.
thats the reason we see so many pundits who haven't necessarily been legendary players on tv all the time, its coz they are media savy and you can't really learn that either have it or you haven't. ( although that still doesn't explain the reason garth crooks is on tv, no quick one word summary from him-instead an overly deep and meaningful "chat")

for me giggsy is class.....can express himself well, aint too boring,but not an attention seeker- hopefully he'll be in coaching though so won't need to prostitute himself tv companies :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Fletcher

this man can speak and he always gives credit for the ones that deserve it :)

Rooney would be a halarios choice or Anderson who laughs after every word he says ! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :p

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
giggsywill make a great pundit , i can see it now introducing 10 times (possibly 11 yet) premier league winner 2 times champions league winner etc etc the legend that is ryan giggs the most decorated footballer in history , i hope he is sitting next to shearer at the time , that would be ironic after the money grabbing greedy t#at turned us down twice

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
stretty said:
giggsywill make a great pundit , i can see it now introducing 10 times (possibly 11 yet) premier league winner 2 times champions league winner etc etc the legend that is ryan giggs the most decorated footballer in history , i hope he is sitting next to shearer at the time , that would be ironic after the money grabbing greedy t#at turned us down twice
Shearer didn't turn us down for the money :rolleyes:
it was his dream to join newcastle a true dream not like ronaldo's :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
abojodeh said:
Shearer didn't turn us down for the money :rolleyes:
it was his dream to join newcastle a true dream not like ronaldo's :rolleyes:
Abo that is a myth , you have to remember he turned us down for blackburn first , was that his dream as well ? , most players would crawl up the m6 on their hands and knees to sign for united , it was no coincindence both blackburn and newcastle offered him a far superior wage package than united.
I hate shearer with a vengence because nobody in their right mind would turn down united for blackburn and newcastle ,it was all financial.
the chance to play for the greatest club in the world in front of full houses every week is enough for most players , and also our style of attacking football must have been every centre forwards dream apart from him
the main reason i hate him is because he would have made us even greater than we have been , his game was perfect for our team with two magical wingers like kanchelkis and giggs we would definately have conquered europe time after time.
I remember i went to florida for three weeks that summer and all the speculation was that the shearer deal was done and dusted , i got on the plane after a holiday of a lifetime only to pick up the paper and see shearer in a barcode shirt , i was devastated.
Still we played the barcodes in the charity shield and beat them 4-0 and the reds sang "alan shearer what a difference you have made " which cheered me up

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
stretty said:
Abo that is a myth , you have to remember he turned us down for blackburn first , was that his dream as well ? , most players would crawl up the m6 on their hands and knees to sign for united , it was no coincindence both blackburn and newcastle offered him a far superior wage package than united.
I hate shearer with a vengence because nobody in their right mind would turn down united for blackburn and newcastle ,it was all financial.
the chance to play for the greatest club in the world in front of full houses every week is enough for most players , and also our style of attacking football must have been every centre forwards dream apart from him
the main reason i hate him is because he would have made us even greater than we have been , his game was perfect for our team with two magical wingers like kanchelkis and giggs we would definately have conquered europe time after time.
I remember i went to florida for three weeks that summer and all the speculation was that the shearer deal was done and dusted , i got on the plane after a holiday of a lifetime only to pick up the paper and see shearer in a barcode shirt , i was devastated.
Still we played the barcodes in the charity shield and beat them 4-0 and the reds sang "alan shearer what a difference you have made " which cheered me up
i read somewhere that he turned down liverpool and us back in time when he was about to join blackburn because he wanted a more secured first team opportunity and a blah blah blah, maybe that was for the money, but the second time he turned us down it was for the team he supported as a young child also newcastle had the better offer for him and for blackburn, we offered 12 and rovers 15 as i remember
but i don't give a **** about all of the shearer saga as we signed a cheaper more loyal passionate shearer and his name is Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who i believe is twice the finisher Shearer is, and if not a better total footballer if he didn't get injured allot :)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Abo my hatred for him is mainly because of what he would have brought to our team , which was absolute boat loads of goals .
as much as i love ole (a legend) please do not put him into shearers category , shearer is one of the finest centre forwards to have graced the premier league.
"david may superstar he got more medals than shearer"

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I voted for Ferdinand simply because hes a good speaker and seems a natural on tv. I can't really imagine many of the others as pundits, especially Scholes! :p

Just a sidenote though. I would be surprised if many people watched the Scotland-Norway game on SS1 on Saturday, but Henning Berg was on and hes a fantastic pundit.

He certainly knows what hes talking about, and I agreed with everything he said.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RichardsReds said:
Abo where you serious about fletcher, he has the intelligence of a brick!
Im with Abo on this one.
In interviews he comes across as intelligent and knowledgeable about the game.
I read somewhere recently that he would make a good pundit, not sure where though.
Either way, he gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
o'sheas got the gift of the gab and i can see him being on the radio at the very least {if collymore has got is own show it should'nt be hard}.he gives his honest opinion and he is witty he should cope well.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I think Hargreaves would make a good pundit. He's well spoken, intelligent and is one of the few players who no one really hates, but as he isn't on the list I'd say that Carrick would be the best bet. I would have gone for Giggs but it seems he's gonna be a couch with us.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts