Manchester United Talk banner

Future Pundit?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
MUT all-time great
Joined
·
21,962 Posts
TheManc said:
I think Hargreaves would make a good pundit. He's well spoken, intelligent and is one of the few players who no one really hates, but as he isn't on the list I'd say that Carrick would be the best bet. I would have gone for Giggs but it seems he's gonna be a couch with us.
I know an a Canadian who hate the way he talks with that fake accent. It bugs me when Madonna talks like an English person, being that she's from about 20 minutes away from me. I doubt that guy is the only one. That being said, I agree with you saying he'd be a great pundit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
Gary Neville already does MUTV, so I would go for him.

In the future I could see Robbie Earle running MOTD, Garth Crooks running the FA, (he is one damn yes man!); Paul Merson running Alcoholics Anon Soccer Saturday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
abojodeh said:
Shearer didn't turn us down for the money :rolleyes:
it was his dream to join newcastle a true dream not like ronaldo's :rolleyes:
Will you get off the knock Ronaldo at every post or your going. I am getting really annoyed at all this ronaldo drivel in every post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
Red Devil said:
Gary Neville already does MUTV, so I would go for him.

In the future I could see Robbie Earle running MOTD, Garth Crooks running the FA, (he is one damn yes man!); Paul Merson running Alcoholics Anon Soccer Saturday.
Nev is one of my all time united heroes, one of the greatest and most enthusiastic players every to wear red, but just can't get into the guy as a pundit, just a personal thing.

lol agree there see my post before, some people have a media savvy attitude despite not necessarily being world beaters as players and robbie earle has that and plays the media game well.
Crooksy agree with too....the most strangely eloquent footballer in history( sure he reads the dictionary in his spare time), when a one word answer will do he goes into a 10 minute deep and meaningful.....100% political job of some description awaits that man.
as for merson, met the guy and though it pains me to say the guy has that massive likeability factor and more charisma than most despite his " issues"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
i think neville and ferdinand could be good.
nevilles already had a go and rio i think would be a bit like ian wright. good sense or humour but emotionally attached aswell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,462 Posts
Lets be honest Neville wont get a job anywhere but maybe MUTV.... Can't see him getting work elsewhere as he is hated outside of Manchester United

Van Der Sar would be a good choice for me, he is said to be he must educated player at United and seen him in many interviews you can see he just suits it very well with his calm personality. Played in a few good leagues and won CL with different clubs.
I can see Van Der Sar on Sky Sports Champions League nights as a pundit when he hangs up those size 14 boots:)
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
piazza said:
I know an a Canadian who hate the way he talks with that fake accent. It bugs me when Madonna talks like an English person, being that she's from about 20 minutes away from me. I doubt that guy is the only one. That being said, I agree with you saying he'd be a great pundit.
Maybe, but in England no one really hates him. He's one of our least hated players.

Imagine the scousers reaction if they turned on the BBC and saw Garry Neville as a pundit :eek: :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Lets be honest Neville wont get a job anywhere but maybe MUTV.... Can't see him getting work elsewhere as he is hated outside of Manchester United

Van Der Sar would be a good choice for me, he is said to be he must educated player at United and seen him in many interviews you can see he just suits it very well with his calm personality. Played in a few good leagues and won CL with different clubs.
I can see Van Der Sar on Sky Sports Champions League nights as a pundit when he hangs up those size 14 boots
:)
I agree. Because he has that emotional attachment with Man Utd, and the Liverpool issue, he'll only get onto MUTV

I thought about Rio, but now that you mention it, I actually think VDS would be a good pundit as well. He'd be perfect for a punditry job imho.

TheManc said:
Imagine the scousers reaction if they turned on the BBC and saw Garry Neville as a pundit
lol. That would be absolute class!! :p

Certainly better than turning it on and seeing the Liverpool supporters club with Hansen and Lawrenson. But anybody would be better than that (Well, maybe other than the likes of Ian Wright and Garth Crooks)

Seriously, how they've survived this long on a programme as big as MOTD is beyond me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
590 Posts
I've gone for Gary because he's already done work for MUTV commentating on I think it was the Manchester Senior Cup with Steve Bower a couple of years back and he seemed to enjoy it. I could see Gary on MUTV in a few years doing a show similar to 'Irwin Plays the Pundit.'

Let's face it, Gary Nev on Sky wouldn't mix too well with Andy Grey and his crew :p

I could see Edwin doing something like covering the Premiership for Dutch TV.
 

·
Im not fat... im sex.
Joined
·
8,817 Posts
had to go for the rio the bloke loves talkin perhaps even the sound of his own voice

and i love his classic line 'you got murked' fantastic i love the man he needs to be on TV more
 

·
He wipes front to back
Joined
·
27,654 Posts
rio has impressed me whenever he has had to speak on tv . giggs would be good too but i think he wants to be a manager
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
Neville has done a bit before I think and he was good. The one i definitely would not go for is Scholesy I doubt he will ever become one or want to become one, hates the media doesn't he. Rio also would be good.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Looks like VDS is set for some media work of his own wen he retires...

VDS to SkySports said:
"It's not going to be from 9 to 5 sitting behind a desk for example so I'm going to pick a couple of nice things out of that hopefully and do some coaching, do some community work and commentary for television," he concluded

;)
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
Keano! said:
"He sort of took it in his stride....and ya know......em..it was li-chh (like) magic the...ya know.....teh way he scored in the end really...*scratches his forehead*.....
Lmao. You've nailed the Rooney impression there especially the 'scratches his forehead' bit.

Rio seems to like a bit of banter and since he reads the game so well, when he's concentrating, I think he'd make a great pundit.
 
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Top